good ipod screensavers?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kyle1320, Nov 7, 2009.

1. kyle1320

kyle1320 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok first i want screensavers not wallpapers so please dont call me an idiot or nething lol

im using demoapp.app to display a video as a screensaver on my ipod, so what are some good videos that will fit right? it displays them portrait

thanks
  2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just use Camtasia Studio to change their resolution.
    They won't look great, depending on their original resolution, but hey, you can have anything you want.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. kyle1320

kyle1320 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i tried it but when i export the file as a .mov on the ipod it says this video format is not supported or something like that
  4. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    A screensaver?
    What do you mean?
    There isn't a screen saver, however there is a lockerscreen wallpaper, and a springboard wallpaper.
  5. kyle1320

kyle1320 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is a default hidden app called demo.app that, when you put any video called Demo.mov into /var/mobile/, will play the video whenever the ipod/iphone is restarted or auto locks, and the only way to stop it is by pressing the home or power button. So it's basically a screensaver.

so i want a video file that is the right size to fit the screen.
  6. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. why would you want a screen saver? that sounds like a real memory eater to me and kinda' useless. I mean, when the iPod/iPhone is inactive, it goes to sleep and turns off the screen.

If you're listening to music and you stick your iPod in your pocket without hitting the sleep button, then it's just sitting there playing a useless video that you won't even bother to look at.

The whole point of screen savers originally was to prevent the pixels on the computer from staying still and inactive for long periods of time, but that is totally irrelevant for an iDevice. Just set your auto-lock to something small...