Good headphones for me?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by ChrisL, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Okay well, I usually don't go for headphones, I usually like earbuds. But I'd like to get a pair. Anyways, I was looking at Beats by Dre, more specifically, the Solo editions, which actually aren't out yet. So I'm wondering.. which headphones would be best for me? I listen to rap, dancehall, rnb, little bit of techno. My budget would be around $200.
  2. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Who is that chick in your avy picture?
    Sorry I couldn't help you but I don't pay more than $20 for headphones lol
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Her name's KD Aubert, she's not too famous, but gorgeous in my opinion

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Googling her, she's not the hottest woman
    but your prof pic is possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
  5. chevro1et

chevro1et New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Have a look at the forums over at headfi.org if you are looking to spend a decent amount of money on some quality cans or earbuds/ iems. HERE is a little thread about the Dr. Dre Beats Solos you were enquiring about.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Alright, cool thanks
  7. gan$ta

gan$ta Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I just purchased the Solo's on boxing day here in Canada and must say the sound, the comfort is ridiculously awesome. Was able to even use Skype with my 3G 8gig Touch. Sound quality, good amout of bass, but you must play with the equalizer/have sound check on. I've got mine set at vocal booster and sound check off and the sound is crystal clear. Yes there not noise cancellation, but you hardly here outisde nose when your listening to music. Comfort: WOW, they feel light + the ear cushion is really we'll done where it doesn't even hurt your ears after listening to music for quite a while. Basically, it's your choice, solo's are not bluetooth whereas the Studio are. With the studio you get to use them as bluetooth or use the monster cable plug. So your choice now, spend 180$-200$ for the solo's or 300$ for the studio's.
  8. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The studios are more sound canceling, and, I think they are worth the extra $$ (right now, they are actually $349 beatsbydre.com ), and, on amazon, the studios are ALWAYS on sale, like right now they are $270 or so, and you get a free $25 amazon.com gift card with the purchase. so they won't be AS expensive, still expensive, and still awesome.

OR

You can get the Sony extra-bass 50mm headphones (the dre's are only 20mm I believe), they look like they are more expensive than the dre's (the dre's look cooler, but they are made of glossy plastic, when the sony ones are metal and such.) and cost only $130.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665774402

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    How2Bump?

Sennheiser for the win (Or how ever it is spelled)
  10. LilCrazed

LilCrazed New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    A good pair i really like are the Beats by Dr. Dre very crisp sound n BASSS