Good hard case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Apechit, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Apechit

Apechit New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had one for my 2nd generation one and it saved mine from a few major drops (aka concrete, hardwood floor) I have a tpu case but I don't know if that will help from a fall.

I'm looking for a hard case that does not add a lot of bulk and is reasonablly priced. Any advice?
  2. Glavus

Glavus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Www.switcheasy.com they have some pretty awesome cases, they will have 4G cases in a few weeks...
  3. Apechit

Apechit New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  5. Apechit

Apechit New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for that review. I'll have to pass on the case because the most important thing in a case is protecting it from a drop. Going by your words, it does not seem to offer enough protection.

I have no idea why someone would have a $300 device and not buy a hard case to protect it. Accidents happen and it it always good to be prepared. My 2G was saved several times from drops.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Check this one out, We might have a winner

http://www.amazon.com/Hard-Candy-Ca...r_1_28?s=STORE&ie=UTF8&qid=1285914145&sr=8-28
  6. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    not everyone is paranoid/clumsy
    theres tons of people with much more expensive device that goes caseless... all those people with BSE/invisible shield/ect and nothing else is caseless except theyre protected their devices from only scratches
  7. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Here here

I installed a shield for the back, since the chrome back is like a scratch magnet!! Anyway I care about scratches the most. Although I agree that things happen, I'm very careful with all my devices and take extra steps making sure I don't drop it. To each their own, I like my iPod the way it is without adding bulk.
  8. Apechit

Apechit New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It might not be your fault. Maybe a young relative of yours bumps it off the table, or someone bumps you and it falls. Accidents happen and I would much rather be prepared.
  9. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was under the impression that hard cases provide the least protection. If you think about it, the iPod is hard right? Putting a hard case on it isn't providing any shock protection when it falls. Soft materials, such as TPU, rubber, even silicone have shock absorption. If you were to drop a iPod with a hard case, it would most likely bounce, not so much with a soft case....right?

I tend to stay away from hard cases.

BestSkinsEver + Silicone case on my Touch, for now. Will be getting a nice TPU one when they start releasing good looking cases.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Apechit

Apechit New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a black tpu case I can work with for now. Is it hard to apply that bestskinever?