Good God Somebody Please Help Me

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mistermclov1n, Jun 18, 2008.

1. mistermclov1n

mistermclov1n New Member

First off, hi I'm a noob but that's not really important right now.

I got an iPod touch 3 days ago and was eager to Jailbreak it. It says to stop the process if it takes more than 3 minutes, which I did. But then the screen went black with a white dot at the top left corner. I plugged it back in and now iTunes is not recognizing it and the screen is full of white letters that don't make sense. The Jailbreak keeps saying "Searching for iPod..."

Someone: please tell me what to do. Sorry if I make spelling mistakes but I'm really worried I could've broken it.

Screw Jailbreaking it. Can I just get the thing back to the screen that indicates to connect back to iTunes? If so, how? Am I f***ed? Would a picture help?

It's stuck at that same screen. No new text is being added. When I hold the Home button or power button nothing happens. Would exiting out of ZiPhone do anything? I'm not going to exit out of anything until a goddamn trustworthy person tells me what to do here.
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    plug it in and hold down the home and power buttons for a long time until you see the arrow pointing to itunes!
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would recommend force restoring it (instructions here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790) then retrying. Make sure to use the process explorer (ctrl + alt + del, then go to the process tab) and kill and processes that are related to iTunes before jailbreaking.
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

make sure you end itunes in the (ctrl+alt+delete thing) also, kill any process with Apple, or iPod in it's name

hope that helps
  5. mistermclov1n

mistermclov1n New Member

Oh my God, thank you so much. My folks would've publicly hanged me if anything happened to it.

And now Zibri's blog and the installer are on the Home Screen. Huh, I guess the Jailbreak worked!
  6. mistermclov1n

mistermclov1n New Member

I don't really care about Jailbreaking anymore if it causes me that much grief. I'm restoring it from the backup I made.

Sorry I wasted your guys' time, I was really freaking out. I'm not really familiar with hacking.