Good games for a long trip?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by TheConqueror, Jul 30, 2008.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

hey guys, soon i am going on a LONG car trip and i need some good games for it. Possilby something that is less dependant on the accelerometer, because it is a car after all... i already have :

Super Monkey Ball (probably unplayable)
    Crash (which i dont like because of frame rate)
    Enigmo, probably the best for the car
    And Moto Racer (maybe playable, less sensitive to movement)

SOO which apps do you suggest i should buy? i also need them not to use internet (obviously)

*ALSO any other useful apps are a help*
  2. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

The RPG Vay. It provides over 40 Hours of gameplay. check out my review on it.
  3. oioioi

oioioi New Member

TTR is always fun, and you should also try aurora feint. If you are realy bored you can try BubbleWrap

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. axe5666

axe5666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    GrallZone
    Free or $4.99
    FREE:
    JawBreaker
    Carrie's Dots, if you have fam along
    TTR (duh)
    Spinner
    CubeRunner
    BreakClassic
    CookieSolitaire
  5. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

Most games suck, and drain battery...FAST! You get 6 hours tops of a game on full battery, and on lowest brightness. If you have a car charger, that's different. i, again, refer to sentence 1.
  6. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

You can't really play on your ipod for a LONG car trip anyway.

But i'd probably get Trism (play that for a bit) then Aurora Feint (if you're not scared they will steal your friends details) and finish the trip with some relaxing Aqua forest.

7. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Chopper, tetris, bomberman, bubble bash, bejeweled, solitaire. Those are my faves
  8. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Skrew app store, jailbreak your pod then get
    gpsphone and get all favorite GBAs.

9. angrysheepdog

angrysheepdog New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If this is a long car trip, don't even think about using the iTouch for games. Those will suck the life outta the battery unless you have a charger for the car. I would suggest listening to music, or watching a movie (uses less battery than playing games). Even if you do get a car charger, I would say stick with movies. From my experience, the iTouch can handle 4 hours of movies with half brightness, so that should be pretty good for a car ride. A game you will only be able to play for maybe an hour, and then the battery will run out, and even if you have a charger the game will lose its entertainment value and you will be stuck sitting in the car complaining of nothing to do.

So just put on some good movies onto that iTouch and watch those. Besides, movies you can download for free, the games you will still have to pay for.

Offtopic (iTouch-wise), you could also do stuff w/o the iTouch like text on the cell phone, read a book (most school require you to read some book(s) over the summer, might as well get it over with), draw (I have hippie friends who do that), or just chat with the driver (if it is your friend driving).
  10. grigoramb

grigoramb New Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you like poker then you should get Texas Hold'em its a really good poker game and its worth it for the $5.