Good deal or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by litokhmaikid, Jul 29, 2009.

1. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    On craigslist i found a person selling the iPhone 3g with everything it originally came with for $300. He said its good quality, and he has had it for four months. So do you think its a good deal?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What's the capacity? Does he have a lot of high quality pictures showing the condition?

4 months seems like a while to not have any buyers... I'd be somewhat wary.
  3. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh, i am sorry i phrased it wrong, he just started selling, the phone is four months old is what i have meant. Also the capacity is 8 gigs. No he does not have any pictures but i will meet him during the trade.
  4. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    OK, that makes more sense. Contact him and request pictures before you go meet him. If he refuses to take pictures, he's not worth your time, and he's trying to hide something from you.

You might even want to ask for the serial number so you can check when it was manufactured, to see if his four month claim is legitimate. (Though if the device is in good condition, it shouldn't really matter.)

$300 for an 8GB 3G is high, but I wouldn't say too high. It depends on the condition. Look around for other deals, too.
  5. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thank you for your help. Would you mind telling me what a good price would be for an 8gig 3g iPhone?
  6. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm afraid I'll mislead you, but depending on the condition, somewhere between $225-$300. Don't hesitate to go higher or lower, just look at each deal individually and think about your budget and how long you want to use the phone.
  7. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  8. Shop around more. I found a black 16GB for $350 and offered 335 and got it the other day. Don't buy a 8GB for so much. The iPhone I bought had a gadget gaurd on it and has no scratches whatsover and is 100% functional. 3G btw.
  9. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hmm...on the first picture you can cleary see some scratches. 350 is way too much for it,after all its 8gb model.id buy it for 350 ONLY if its like 1 month old and completly scratch proof.
  10. 3gsreviewer

3gsreviewer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yep! $350 is WAY tooo much. I recently saw in my area for only $170, iPhone 3G 8GB, b/c he bought a 3G and didn't need it. Thing is, I already have a 3GS

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: i just found one for $160, 18gb
    and also for $350, 16gb white unlocked
    and also for $260, 16gb white, unlocked, all originaly accessories, 2 screen protector, and a case

So yah, $350 is just a ripoff

Please Register or Log in to view images

Look around more