Good Computer Speakers?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Parm289, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys,

Right now I have crappy Harmon Kardon computer speakers. Don't get me wrong, Harmons are good quality, but these are towards the cheaper end.

I'm looking for a good set of desktop speakers for around 100 bucks. Preferably, I do NOT want a subwoofer - I just don't have the room.

I like the design of the logitech pc speakers that have the separate wired remote - I think it's really convenient. I just don't know how the sound quality is out of the small speakers.

If you guys have any suggestions, I'm open.
  2. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have the 5.1 channel surround sound with wired remote and i must say i LOVE them
    the subwoofer is pretty tiny but if you dont have the room i understand...but it makes a huge difference in sound quality to me
  3. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thnx for the reply. My friend has the logitech 2-channel speakers with a wired remote, no subwoofer. His sound is amazing quality, so i figure logitech is the best brand. I'll look into the surround and the 2-channel speakers.

BTW, (assuming you have mac, which i remember you do), do you use a program called "Hear"? Its a program that enhances the sound output from any app to be true 3d surround sound. Its pretty awesome, and has some nice preset EQs to play around with. Thats what Ive been using since I got leopard, and it's squeezing sound out of my tiny Harmon Kardons. This is what's inspiring me to try new speakers, so I was wondering if you ever used Hear with your speakers.
  4. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont have a mac..lol