Good Apps: Retina Display, Gyroscope, Camera, etc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Anonymous>1<, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous>1<

Anonymous>1< Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Was wondering if anybody has stumbled upon any good (or awesome) apps for the new ipod touch. For instance, apps that take full advantage of all the cool new features (Gyro, Camera, Retina Display). Also, they dont even have to take advantage of these things and just be good apps and all around (fun, addicting, useful, etc.) I just bought myself a twenty five dollar itunes card so i'm ready to buy. Also i'm kind of starting a new without many apps so i have lots of space to work with so dont be shy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good Apps!

Adobe Photoshop Express(Free) - ​

Top editing features:
    • Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
    • Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
    • Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
    • Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
    • Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge, Halftone, and Film Emulsion
    Youtube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2iuNp8onfE

Pandora(free) - ​
    Pandora Radio is your own free personalized radio now available to stream music on your iPhone or iPad. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs or classical composers and Pandora will create a "station" that plays their music and more music like it.(If you didnt know that)
    Youtube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JqdlsT4oJ0

Nova(4.99) -​
    With Earth no longer able to sustain life, huge artificial satellites called “near-orbitals” were constructed for people to live on. To protect themselves, the near-orbitals banded together to form N.O.V.A., the Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance. Now, a strange threat has emerged from the darkness of space. A Marine ship, reported missing just a week ago, has suddenly reappeared and is headed directly for the near-orbitals, ignoring all communications. Against his will, retired Marine hero Kal Wardin is forcefully returned to active duty to prevent mankind's annihilation.
    Youtube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbUVpApFS7k

Modern Combat: Sandstorm(4.99) -​
    Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Gameloft’s new action-thriller will plunge you into the heart of modern war. Assigned to Mission Sandstorm, your duty is to locate and annihilate a new terrorist cell setting up shop and recruiting foreign insurgents in a remote desert hot spot. This jarring first person shooter will equip you with the most sophisticated and powerful modern-day weapons.
    Youtube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecKNV0oC2nc

The Sims 3(6.99) -​
    THE CIRCLE OF LIFE IS INFINITE
    Savor endless hours of entertainment – anytime, anywhere.
    CREATE A SIM
    Make your Sim neurotic, funny or shy...bring your Sim to life by choosing your appearance, clothing & accessories!
    EXPLORE NEW LOCATIONS
    Lose yourself in the amazing 3D open-world environment & discover what kind of character your Sim will turn out to be!
    KEEP ‘EM SATISFIED
    Fulfill your Sim's basic needs like eating & sleeping to increase the amount of activities you can do together.
    DREAM BIG
    Unlock 73 goals & wishes for your Sim to help it reach its full potential.
    Youtube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVrq75BiAA

Rock Band(6.99) - ​
    JAM-PACKED WITH 30 FREE SONGS – WITH MORE MUSIC ADDED ALL THE TIME! Featuring the most rock ‘n’ roll hits on the App Store, tracks are preloaded or ready for download AT NO ADDITIONAL PRICE! Rock out solo or with friends on guitar, bass, drums, or vocals. See why MSNBC says ROCK BAND is “one of the best iPhone® and iPod touch® games of the year.”
    Youtube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7bnlmqb8So

Zen Bound 2 Universal(2.99) -​
    Zen Bound 2 is a meditative puzzle game of wrapping rope around wooden sculptures. It is a tactile game, with a focus on making rope, wood and stone look and feel real and believable.

The highlights of Zen Bound 2 are its controls and its atmosphere. The game takes full advantage of tilt and multi-touch and feels natural and comfortable to play. The dusty and soothing atmosphere is a combination of beautiful visuals and a unique soundtrack by 'Ghost Monkey'.
    Youtube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVYeh4rtJI

Suggestions:
    (What's your opinion?)
    Real Racing GTI
    Mirror's Edge
    TextFree
    TextNow
    acrossair Augmented Reality Browser
    Angry Birds Lite
    Stair Dismount
    Skies of Glory
    No Agenda Stream
    Big App Show
  2. andyy714

andyy714 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. Anonymous>1<

Anonymous>1< Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sorry about then... guess this will be strictly games and other utilities. Didnt mean to go on your turf.
  4. andyy714

andyy714 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. jealousguy86

jealousguy86 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i already got some random free apps to load on to mine when it gets here

they are: NY Times, Pandora, Action bowling, text plus, text free (i'll have to see which is best), tiltshift generator, high frequency noise app, burning bubbles lab free, and a couple others. can't wait to try them all out, and the HD videos.
  6. andyy714

andyy714 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the best texting app is text free. You get your own phone number!
  7. jealousguy86

jealousguy86 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you can use the same number as your cell phone number?? or you mean you get a whole new phone number?

hopefully it's the former, i'd hate to have to tell all my friends it was me texting through my iPod touch with a random new number.
  8. Anonymous>1<

Anonymous>1< Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    great. i know i'm getting pandora, but tell me how the other apps go.
  9. jealousguy86

jealousguy86 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    they were all free if you wanted to check them out, but i'm sure when i get my iPod touch i'll post something about how they are. this whole app thing is new to me, so i'm just gonna probably end up going crazy with random free stuff the first week or so. we'll see how long it takes before i end up buying apps, haha.
  10. Anonymous>1<

Anonymous>1< Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    haha, yea. i did that once. try not to download too much stuff though. One, because it slows down the device a little, and two, because then you have to wade through bunches of apps on your ipod.