Good and cheap screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Exhonour, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had belkin x3 protectors and one of them went to waste when I had to retrn for a new iPod, the second one got messed up when I removed safety film (dust and hair lol) and the third had to be reapplied so one corner is slightly bent (and might return for another iPod).

Anything you can recommend would be great. Apple store, eBay, futureshop/best buy, etc. I don't feel like buying the same Belkin one because 25 bucks using cheap.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Ebay. for sure

Please Register or Log in to view images

also dealextreme.com is good too
    I got 3 clear screen protectors from dealextreme for $5
    and 5 mirror screen protectors from ebay for $5 too
  3. lienkifud

lienkifud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Great bags.. really beautiful..I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.
  4. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i really like mirror screen protectors. i got some from ebay for about £2.45 from sombody called e2save or somthing
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, I can't wait to get mine! I'm hoping they arrive next week
  6. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Simply put, wash your hands and iPod screen often, keep it in a safe place and you'll do fine.
  7. gamepro127

gamepro127 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I use theses:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=38414

Okay so your probably thinking, "WTF? Theses are for PSP!!!ZZ"

Yes, They are. But they work perfectly on iPod touch. Ive had one on my PSP for over a year now and there are no noticeable scratches when playing a game. Same for iPod touch but its only been like a week or two.

Installation was VERY easy using two people. One person have the screen protector, another have the little card thing to get out bubbles. Now, heres the secret: Have the 1st person putting it on apply it slowly, if any bubbles appear have the 1st person back it up a bit so the bubble goes away but not fully off the ipod. Now have the 2nd person move along with the soft card while 1st person apply. 1-2 minutes later you have a professional installed screen protector. OH YEA, CLEAN SCREEN REALLY GOOD FIRST.
  8. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    To OP:

What?? You return your iPod everytime you mess up with the Screen protector?

On topic:

I always had bad experiences with Screen protectors on my devices. First time I put on a Screen protector was on my PSP and it was terrible. Bubbles everywhere and it just looked fugly so I had to take it out. You could say that I'm horrible at putting them on, because I am. Also I had to take it out because it the layer was making a 'Rainbow' effect when exposed in light or sunshine. It looked downright ugly. Exactly same thing happened with my iPod.

Anyways that's my experience with Screen protectors and my opinion about it.
  9. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nah I returned it once because of a small exterior issue that I thouhgt would get fixed in new one, also volume controls weren't working properly.

This one I might return because of new issues I'm getting. (might)
  10. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Oh alright

Mind if you tell me your new problem?