iOS 3.1 Gonna Shed some light on the 3g 3.1.2 jb situation.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xX_Dog_Food_Xx, Oct 24, 2009.

1. xX_Dog_Food_Xx

xX_Dog_Food_Xx New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I see that nobody here reads the posts above them. so they all keep repeating themselves with release it now! and stuff.
    here you go. read on.

The 3g 8gb is not supported right now, but everyone wants it to come out now.
    Cons:
    -Apple will Patch the iPod in a new firmware, making EVERYBODY's ipod's unjailbreakable for a long time.
    -it takes a long time to read large structural code like the ipod boot code, meaning if the above happens, we are screwed for many months to come.
    Pros:
    -selfish 3g 8gb users get their jailbreak, until Apple patches EVERYTHING
    -us older gen users get to yell at 3g users lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

But, i am not siding with anybody. i think somewhere inbetween now and the next 8,9 months, only because of the below.

1.) Apple are smart people.
    2.) if it is released now, Apple will surely patch it, in an available amount of time.
    3.) if it is released 8 months from now, Apple will still have it patched because they probably have people looking for small loopholes 24/7.

Here is my idea. why not release it in between now and 8 months from now? think about it.

Coding takes a long time, so if it (the exploit) is released in 4-5 months, it gives Apple a small time period to patch it, and if they rush it out, they don't look over their mistakes, which means only one thing- another Jailbreak.

Another thing to think about. Us 2g's had to wait for even a Tethered jailbreak.

IF Apple releases a new iDevice in that alloted time in between those few months, the jailbreak will most likely work for that device too.

don't be selfish 3g's.
  2. Tumeke

Tumeke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Waste of 2mins.
  3. pwnah

pwnah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not going to read it unless you have an ipt 8gb 3g.

You tell us not to be selfish while you sit there basking with your jailbroken ipod.

GTFO
  4. 14ra13

14ra13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    tum, why exactly do you want the jailbreak to come out now, give detail reasons
  5. Tumeke

Tumeke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ohhh so I can use greenpoison to buy some food online.....................
    What do you think I want it for, duhhhh!!!

And Ive said it before and ill say it again, I only want a LITE version of greenpois0n, that would allow me to tether jailbreak my ipod, thus not revealing the exploit.
  6. pwnah

pwnah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    we want it out now so that we can jailbreak..

lets turn the table around.. say ALL the 8gb 3g ipods could be jailbroken and no others could... Would you rather wait 8 months or get it now?
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I'm asking the same questions. Everyone who wants the jailbreak to come out cannot give definite answers.
  8. 14ra13

14ra13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    first off, i had to wait 5 months even for a tethered jailbreak, so you can wait, having 1 nonjailbroken ipod, is better than have a set of ipods unjailbroken
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm going to assume that you want pirated apps and themes based on your answer. You give no real reasons, ever.
  10. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Isn't that what they all want?