Going to OSx86 my Laptop

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Teslanaut, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm not sure why I'm posting this but:
    • Before, I switched my PS3 HDD with my Laptop HDD. 40(PS3) went to Laptop. 120(Laptop) went to the PS3. But now, I'm switchin them back and installing OSx86ing my Laptop with a 120GB HDD to use as Storage and Media manager. My Laptop is an HP dv6135nr with Intel Integrated graphics, Intel 3945 A/B/G. I plan to use iPC or iATKOS 5i (Forgot which is 10.5.6 and which is 10.5.5). I am highly sure that it will work properly. Just telling you guys this so incase you're shopping for a Laptop (Not Netbook) to Hackintosh, go for an HP.
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Good luck with the OSx86. Didn't work for me on my Medion Desktop [AMD]. Probably going to buy a real Apple laptop if I want a computer though.
  3. Duykur

Duykur Banned

shame on you JJ Mango!!!
  4. TurkeyGuy

TurkeyGuy New Member

Good luck
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    kalyway 10.5.5 worked out the best for me, worked on the most computers ( not perfectly obviously tho) and what type of HD did ur ps3 have? (brand) mines an 80 gig and i was thinking of upgrading to a 250 gig drive.
  6. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I got closest with iAKTOS.
  7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good luck.

Took a few tries to get mine working perfectly.
  8. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

If it's an Intel, you're in better luck. The Intel GMA 950/900/X3100's graphics seems to work. And iAtkos v5i is 10.5.5. If you update to 10.5.6 using the DMG update from Apple, you have to worry about a friggin DFU mode problem, but then again, you're not jailbroken.

And if you use iAtkos, be sure to pick a kernel in the Customize menu. Pissed me off so much when it didn't boot, and turns out I didn't pick a kernel.

PM me if you have any questions, but I don't suspect you do, since you're Tes. xD
  9. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Okay, on my sony vaio, i got the intel wireless 4965 driver, really close to urs, and they're not supported currently. There is a guy named mecurysquad who is workin on them right now (made fantastic progress in the last month) so its not really supported, although u can use a terminal based technique to connect to open networks. And if ur laptop has Intel GMA 965 (X3100) there is also a way to get it working using an external monitor and the slashhack-x3100 kexts. lemme know if u need any more help.
  10. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just OSx86'ed my VMWare so I could install the iPhone SDK.

Good luck with that laptop!