going to get itouch soon, how safe is it to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by cro with a bomb, Feb 29, 2008.

1. cro with a bomb

cro with a bomb New Member

Ok I had my zune for two years and now I have completly worn the battery out so need a new mp3 player, my choices where between teh samsung p2 and the itouch, the reason I am choosing the itouch is because of the stuff I can do after I jailbreak (I really can't stand apple/Ipod company, they just p*ss me off. But when I started looking on this forum I see alot of people breaking their itouch doing this and it voids the warrenty. I am wondering if it is safe for me to do this after I buy the product.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its safe to do, as long as you pay attention to what you're doing.

If you ever run into problems, we'll be here to help.

Whats a Samsung P2?
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

it is completely safe. they havnt "broken" their Touch, everything done to it can be undone by a simple restore. as for warranty, technically yes, but once a restore is done, apple doesnt even know u jailbroke it.

look here for any more questions, 8-12 especially http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7370&highlight=Jailbreak FAQ

btw i hate apple too

Please Register or Log in to view images

, ipod video and touch is the only thing ive ever bought from the company
  4. kentor

kentor New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah.. it is safe.. you can always just do a restore with a fresh firmware image.

now the one question that you have to answer is if you are going to get a 8, 16 or 32 gb ipod... trust me it makes all the difference when jailbreaking. If you are not so concerned about space that you should buy the 8 gb version as it is the one which is easiest to jailbreak at the moment (although i have heard that a 1.1.4 jailbreak'd firmware image is nearly ready to be used in itunes instead of the actual firmware update). however i wouldn't worry because a 'true' jailbreak for 16 and 32 gb ipods will be coming out shortly.

EDIT: and dont worry cause were always here to help

kentor
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ZiTouch is coming out soon. So you don't have to worry about the space. Also if your getting a 16GB now then you can currently jailbreak it because it is post macworld it think.

Also about the voiding warranty.

What Apple doesn't know wont hurt them.

You can always restore. A restore wipes the iPod back to factory settings. No proof of a jailbreak.

And an Apple SDK is coming out March 8th I think? So you can officially have 3rd party apps on for Touch for a price.

P.S. I don't know why but some people in this forum don't like the iPod touch to be called an iTouch.

@Tesla a P2 is just an Mp3 player with a touch screen and bluetooth. Google it
  6. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

And its not an iTouch its an iPod Touch

7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

iTouch just sounds so.... Generic... lol
  8. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    EXACTLY!!
  9. cro with a bomb

cro with a bomb New Member

alright cool, is 8 gigs enough to hold my music and a few apps. my zune right now has around 700 songs and 4 vids and it only used up around 4 gigs.
  10. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)