Going to be the same for the next update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by MrBrightside, Jan 30, 2008.

1. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Meaning are we going to have weeks of the same questions being asked, wondering when a new jailbreak is out, 4-5 different ways to jailbreak, a seperate sub forum etc, servers going down? It all went a bit crazy for a while and things are stil being sorted here.

I'm mentioning it now because of the mention of too many stickies in a couple of threads.

Not blaming people/moderators, just wondering if things are somehow going to be improved for the next firmware update or whether its going to be a pain in the ass again

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm sure plenty will agree
  2. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Off course there will be everything like this...Apple will have blocked jailbreak, again and there will be crazy modders modding the Ipod touch..
  3. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

What I really want to know is it really worth it to go to all this hassle to get 1.1.3 when it no doubt will be upgraded again in four weeks for the SDK release? I am still on 1.1.1 and to be honest it works fine for me, I have my own theme in Summerboard, loads of apps including all the Iphone apps mail etc, it plays music fine, browses the web fine etc so why upgrade.

I am sure plenty of people are still running a Jailbroken 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 system and are tempted to upgrade but put off by the 100 plus post threads of upgrade problems. If anyone who has upgraded can provide a walk through of what is different, improvements on how the ipod works etc that would be greatly appreciated. As far as I can tell so far the upgrade apart from being a pain in the A** provides the iPhone apps I already have (except the maps now has a locator, but strangely enough I know where I am anyway - I look at what's around me and go - ah I'm in Town, in Work, at Home, in the Pub) some sort of wiggly app icons thing and leaving bookmarks for Safari on your springboard (which sounds like a good way of blocking up your springboard with a million pointless icons) and that's it.
  4. MrBrightside

^^ Yeah as you said, people were putting pressure on developers etc asking when the jailbreaks gunna come out even on the day of the 1.1.3 firmware came out. Because of this, we have 4 or so types of jailbreaks not properly working and giving people errors. Dont get me wrong, i jailbroke 1.1.3 twice and nothing went wrong but because of certain apps not working, i downgraded again.

Its gunna be exactly the same with the next update, people asking for it to be jailbroken within the hour, giving people more errors when a jailbroken version comes out, thus more threads being started for no reason
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Urm... the firmware won't be upgraded for the SDK, the current firmware is compatible with it.
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The next one will be a real exploit.
  7. kappatango

kappatango New Member

IMO, the main problem ith this release was that NateTrue went against the DEV team and released a version that was coded on iPhone firmware.

This meant that all early adopters of that method, on ipod Touch, were then using workarounds to get the JB functioning as best as possible - and with help, it worked.

To counter-act this, the DEV team released an iPod specific version of the JB, maybe to quick...to help fix the issues that NateTrue's JB was creating: This is still being refined and is much better now with the recent release on installer.

Soft Jailbreak is always harder to perfect, by design.

The next Jailbreak from the DEV team will be a Full break, meaning that the the results SHOULD be much more stable, like 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 are.

The above is my view based on observation, not necessarily the ACTUAL turn of events
  8. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    current jailbreak

The current jailbreak is only a software update to make the ipod/iphone run the 1.1.3 software to make it look like 1.1.3 and say it is 1.1.3.
    the firmware behind this has not been updated to the 1.1.3 firmware.
    the Dev Team are going to release the full firmware+software jailbreak once the SDK comes out.
    i for one am going to wait for this one which should be a lot less buggy.
  9. MrBrightside

Yup il be waiting for that reason, and then hopefully there will be certain apps fully working with it aswel!
  10. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I too believe waiting is the sensible thing to do. Unless one is into the process of jailbreaking because of love for the hacking itself. Which is fair enough.

Me, I just want a few new features to use on my iPod. Which I should have in about a months time or so. Not long at all.

Still reading hundreds of posts here every day tho and watching the frenzy.

Please Register or Log in to view images