Going from 2.01 to 2.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chwest, Dec 1, 2008.

1. chwest

chwest New Member

I have never updated, unlocked or jailbroken an iphone . I bought an iphone unlocked and jailbroke with 2.01 on it and never did upgrade to 2.1, but many of the newer apps at the Apps Store require at least 2.1 to load. I don't know much about the process, but was just trying to find out if anyone knew about the autoiphoneupdater software.

I was looking at the software because I know so little about how to proceed and do not want to mess up my already unlocked/jailbroken iphone.

What do I need to do to upgrade to 2.2, unlock it and jailbreak again? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is your phone an original iPhone or a 3G?
    If it's an original, it can be safely unlocked using PwnageTool or QuickPwn; follow this guide.
    If it is an iPhone 3G that you bought unlocked (say, from Hong Kong or something), your unlock will always be there, so follow this guide.
  3. Hsoccer70

Hsoccer70 New Member

If i upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 and rejailbreak, will i only loose jailbroken apps? or everything?
  4. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

go into itunes and update. ur going to lose all jailbroken apps, but u can download all of them after. after ur done jailbreaking and sh*t, just follow the guide above
  5. chwest

chwest New Member

Mine is a 2g phone. The instructions in your link is for Widows users. I have moved to a Mac. Is there a link to the same process on the Mac?
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Follow the same guide and simply download the Mac version of QuickPwn here.
  7. Hsoccer70

Hsoccer70 New Member

i only have to re-jailbreak, correct? or re-unlock also?