Going from 1.1.2 to 2.0.. but I got a question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cardy13, Aug 25, 2008.

1. cardy13

cardy13 New Member

Hey, I haven't really touched my iPodT since 1.1.2, I jailbroke it when 1.1.2 came out, installed some emulators and other apps I like, custom theme, ect. Now if I was to go ahead and Jailbreak 2.0, is there anyway of backing up the apps and stuff I got on my 1.1.2 now incase I want to go back or for whatever reason I just want them backed up? Would simply SSHing the apps folders work or no?

To sum it up:
    I want to back up my apps. How can I do it.
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can't.

1.1.x and 2.0 run differently, in simple terms. You will have to get a fresh start on 2.0.
    But don't worry, lots of previous apps (and more) have been ported or released on the newer firmwares. What kind of apps do you have?

If you're looking for themes, then a newer, better theme application (Winterboard) was released by saurik on 2.0.x.
    Also, the NES and GBA emulator (gpSPhone) have been ported as well.
  3. cardy13

cardy13 New Member

Cool. Basically I just want NES, GPSphone, zSnes. Bust mostly my iBlood theme, which I made custom icons for. I was wondering if that is trasnferable if I save my icons, background, and stuff. I can't remember too well, it was back in january when I did this. But I'm pretty sure the theme was loaded up through SMBPrefs. Is there anything equivilent to that in 2.0.x?

Also a quick question if you don't mind. I was reading the 2.0 jailbreak tutorials.. they say a clean install of 2.0 Are they refering to 2.0.0 or can it be 2.0.whatever?

Thanks for the help and quick reply

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't think a Snes emulator was ported yet, sadly, but NES and gpSPhone work.
    Also, Summerboard themes still work on 2.0.x, the equivalent of SMBPrefs is Winterboard (much more powerful than SMB). So yes, if you save your theme, you can still use it.

And yes, your best bet would be to get 2.0.2, not the bug-ridden 2.0 5A347 firmware. I recommend Quickpwn for a fast and easy experience, although you can use any method you want.

5. cardy13

cardy13 New Member

Cool. iPod1,1 2.0.2/5C1 sound right?
  6. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yep. Sounds good.
  7. cardy13

cardy13 New Member

Sorry man, one more thing. The tutorial confused me a bit :/.

It says make sure you are on a clean 2.0.2 Firmware. Does that mean I have to upgrade to 2.0.2, then do quickpwn? Or can I do quickpwn from 1.1.2 and then upgrade to the custom firmware?

Last question, I swear >.<
  8. calvinlooc

calvinlooc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have the same question as well xD
  9. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ask as many questions as you like, that's the purpose of a forum like this.

And being on a clean 2.0.2 means that you must first restore to 2.0.2 before doing anything. The "clean" part meaning it's a fresh restore, no jailbreaking or modding done at all.
  10. cardy13

cardy13 New Member

I guess that's the answer.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oops, found it at the same time as you posted, lol. Thanks, I'll give er a go.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Jailbreak complete. Thanks for the help, gonna start redownloadin my apps now