Going caseless

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by clock2113, Oct 21, 2009.

1. clock2113

clock2113 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Anyone go without a case? My old iPod Touch had an invisishield and a Flick Contour Case...

But I just got a new one with new memory, and it feels SO much better without all that one... like sex without a condom!

The screen does seem a lot more durable than on say, a Palm Pilot, or other PDAs I've used before...

Anyone have an iPod survive in good condition for over a year without a case?
  2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I used to have an iPod Classic without a case for a good 6 months.

The problem isn't so much the screen as it is the back of the iPod. That will scratch without a case no matter how careful you are.

I myself would never go without a case on my iPod Touch as it would lower the resale value whenever I do decide to sell it. It does look sleek as hell without one, but the sleekness would soon fade the more and more the back gets scratched up.
  3. clock2113

clock2113 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    True... and I do care about resale value... I've went through about 6 iPods, never kept one more than a year...
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've had a 1g for 2 years with no case. It's scatched that crap out of and has a few dents. My 2g has been in a case since I got it and it's scatched the crap out of and has a few dents. My 1g is in better shape I actually think.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

My iPod touch has been caseless for the first few weeks i had it, it's pretty scuffed up.. although I havent dropped it, it's just been in my pocket..no keys or anything along with it lol
    I dont really care for resale value, because I dont usually sell my old stuff, unless i need the money.
    But now I have a case, so it should get too scratched up now
  6. SmexyPenguin18

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I carry both my ipods around all the time with my house key all the time. I alos don't care about the resale value. I'm never selling any of my ipods.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, I watched the iphone torture test and they put an iphone inside a bag with keys and only the back got scratched.
    But either way, I dont carry my keys in my pocket, i dont like the jingling

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. SmexyPenguin18

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I love it!!!!
  9. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Grab a set of Apple iPod socks. They fit a Touch just right, keep the nice contours, and aren't as invasive as the other cases people spend $30+ on.

I got my set on clearance for like $7? And they've lasted me since my first Touch, which was a 1G. I still use them with my 3G, and they work great. My 1G is scratchless, my 3G is scratchless. And the socks are the only thing I've ever used on them. No screen protectors either!

The other day my 170lb dog stepped on the 1G while it was in the sock, and it was fine. He just decided he wanted to ride in the front seat, and happened to step right on the ipod that was on the car seat.

------------------double post merged------------------
    Grab a set of Apple iPod socks. They fit a Touch just right, keep the nice contours, and aren't as invasive as the other cases people spend $30+ on.

I got my set on clearance for like $7? And they've lasted me since my first Touch, which was a 1G. I still use them with my 3G, and they work great. My 1G is scratchless, my 3G is scratchless. And the socks are the only thing I've ever used on them. No screen protectors either!

The other day my 170lb dog stepped on the 1G while it was in the sock, and it was fine. He just decided he wanted to ride in the front seat, and happened to step right on the ipod that was on the car seat.

10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Been caseless for about 2 months now. Dropped it many many times. Even on the ground face down with hard specs of stuff on the ground (Like gravel) Amazingly, no scratches. This thing is one sturdy trooper. Though I have sand in some parts of it but it hasn't done anything to my device. Still works 100%.