Going back to 3.1.3 from 4,0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aiwa, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

How do I go back to 3.1.3?
    I updated to 4.0 which I regret as i can't jailbreak as my iPod is refusing to go in dfu mode for some reason :/

any help is much appreciated?!?!?!?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

DFU is hardware and not a part of the iOS. If your device won't go into DFU mode, the only explanation is that you are not correctly following the steps to enter DFU.

Device Firmware Update mode was created so that Apple "geniuses" could directly install newer or older firmware, or the same firmware onto a device that was having problems or restore issues. It is the fallback to restore mode and can not be disabled by any means.

I can only advise you to first make sure that the instructions you receive to enter DFU mode are accurate and precise. Then, read through all the instructions. Once you think you have a handle on them, then should you attempt to enter DFU mode.
  3. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I tried downgrading my iPod Touch to 3.1.3 but it wouldn't let me. So I decided to download the 3.1.2 firmware and it works like a dream. I think iTunes doesn't like the 3.1.3 firmware.
  4. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

I try doing it to 3.1.2 and it doesn't work.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It says "iPod "iPod" cannot be restored. Error: (28)
  5. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Direct from Apple Support

Error 23, 28, 29, 1011, 1012, 1611: These errors may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article and also attempt to restore while connected to a known-good computer and network to isolate this issue to the device. If the IMEI or MAC address is missing or is a default value, this can also confirm a hardware issue.

Explains why you can't enter DFU Mode, may be a problem with the hardware, logic board or NAND Flash Memory may be.

Why not bringing it down to a Genius Bar? if its still under warranty, they may replace it, if not, the "geniuses" there may help you.