Going back to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ZombieKiller, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Im going back to 1.1.2...

1.1.3 has way too many glitches... and the most recent one ive had is my settings not remebering my WiFi password...

I like customization too, and thats the main reason...

Il go back to 1.1.3 when Summerboard, Customize, and every Emulator work 100%... and when theres no glitches...
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

im probally doing the same, my battery went out so i accidentally put it in recovery mode when messin with it. plus alot of the apps i had did not work, and the features of 1.1.3 are interesting but no so great thatd i go to it. like u said customization is important too

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. trigg3r

trigg3r New Member

I'm having fun fixing these things. My itouch is my new toy

I have everything that i need working here. Emulators, todo, mail, gmaps... Customize is an issue, but that will be working in the next few weeks.
  4. trigg3r

trigg3r New Member

And jailbreak using devteam. I had wifi and freezing problems with natetrue's
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I did use Dev Team jailbreak...

Im decided to try it again... theres a whole thread on how to fix stuff in 1.1.3... also! there a guide on how to symlink root and mobile! Yay!
  6. trigg3r

trigg3r New Member

yeah, many compatibility problems are related to this. Symlink or create clone directories in root. For an example, Gpsphone needs "Preferences" dir in root/Libray to work properly.
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

im just going to 1.1.3, lol cant resist...
  8. scaramonga

scaramonga New Member

Too unreliable ATM. Sticking with 1.1.2

9. link_08

link_08 New Member

i'm in 1.1.2 and its the best, if there is the possibility to have all the 1.1.2 stuff on 1.1.2 without glitches or problems, brick or wahtsoever, i mean i wnat the 1.1.3 new features but its a mess and for what i have read i prefer to wait a couple of weeks until everything its safe and 1.1.2 apps work on 1.1.3 100% then well see as we speak..
  10. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    back to 112...for now

i tried out 113, but the negatives outweighed the positives for me.
    i couldn't get apache and php to work, and customizing through summerboad and customize was gone. there were some apps that did not work as well. so for now...i'm back on 112.
    i'll wait until at least march/april to upgrade. and there are bugs being discovered with the all the various methods of jailbreaking.

and let's not forget that the sdk has not yet been released. so there's a possibility of another firmware release (not likely, but still a possibility). if so, this may all be in vain (except for the learning, of course).