1. iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow

iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    About two hours after updating my computer, there is a little message that pops up every half hour that says something like :

'Please restart your computer for the update to take effect.'

I wanted to know if there is any way to stop it from popping up? It's driving me nuts and I don't want to accidently press enter and restart my computer (because it takes 500,000 years to load back up).

Thanks in advance.

~Karl

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Don't worry, I'm going to restart while having dinner.
  2. Shadow1like

Shadow1like New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would recommend going to the advanced firewall settings in control panel and changing the settings from "automatic update" to "download update but don't install" OR "ask before updating".Microsoft does not think telling us what we want in a computer and a OS is good enough they want to control when you update too. All windows programs come defalt with the "Auto Update" function defalt. (hand quotes) for your convenience when every time, the settings for remote desktop and all settings that open up your computer to potential hackers are opened WIDE.

Unless of course you have some kind of security software to secure your computer. In which case I would say it still would be advisable to turn off the auto update anyway because many of them take up to 5GB of your hard-disk space and from my experience all of them install a "collection" of around 240 spy bots to watch what you do,buy and say on the internet for Microsoft to sell as "market research" and give them information of what crap they might sell you in the future.

If you didn't know this I recommend a cache cleaner like ccleaner from

http://www.ccleaner.com/download

and if your willing to pay a whopping $20 for almost guaranteed cache cleaning you can buy "Windows Washer"
    at

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/land-w...cid=TC|9259|buy window washer||S|b|3966821630
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have found running these two programs while I'm surfing and watching videos on the internet stop many a hacker from pestering and slowing me down
  3. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    That message is popping up because he's actually already installed the update and it needs to restart to finish...... I know cos I just updated the same thing today and it was happening to me before too... No biggie.... cos it's only one Windows update today - so it's safe to keep hitting the tell me later button...

But what he was really asking... is can he turn the reminder off. Nope.... you can't. I know it's annoying tho... I gave up and went to get some food and stuff and restarted just to get rid of it, haha.
  4. iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow

iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My dad mentioned that he heard on the radio that there is some sort of international computer bug going around. Is this true?