Glitch in Song List! Somebody Help ME!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Troubleshooter, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Troubleshooter

Troubleshooter New Member

I'm sorry if this isn't the right topic or so, but whatever.

Soooo, my iPod Touch was acting weird the other day. After a sync with iTunes, downloading about 20 songs to the iPod, my Song List started looking kinda weird.

Check it out: Image of my swedish iPod

As you can see, it kinda looks like my iPod is dyslectic or something. Nothing serious but it bugs me.

After another sync it goes away, and it goes back to normal. But it keeps coming back every 10 syncs or so.

Somebody with experience on this?
  2. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think it's showing you where it should be instead of actually putting it there. it's ignoring the a in front of the song so "a big hunk of love" is just "big hunk of love" evcept it still registers the a and puts it with the songs that start with a
    dunno how to fix it though
  3. Vash01

Vash01 New Member

Re-do it, have you tried that?
  4. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

That's perfectly normal. If all songs starting with "a" or "the" were put into the A/T sections, and you had a substantial library, it would take forever to browse through either of those sections.
    As the beginning "a" or "the" is fairly negligible in remembering the song name, it is ignored in ordering, which to most people makes a lot more sense.
  5. Troubleshooter

Yup, for "The" that's perfectly right, but for "A" the normal iPod should still place the song in the "A" letter category. Or that's at least what my iPod normally does.

And as you can see, the song still is in the middle of the "A" category, just that it gets it's own letter. I have over 1 000 songs on the little fella, and now I have two "G" categories.

(This isn't just on the A letter. It's all over the place, even some odd words are for some reason making this mess. That alphabet on the right side of the screen also naturally acts weird...)
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's how songs are if you have lets say..

The All American Rejects

iTunes will actually put it like this

All American Rejects, The

Because if you search The.

Millions of things will pop up.

Look on

www.songmeanings.net

You'll see what I mean.
  7. Troubleshooter

Yes, I already knew that. But the thing is, it's not only for A. For instance, 'Highway' is also affected the same way.

Just one question. On your iPod, is 'A' affected the same way as The?

I.e. would 'A Hard Day's Night' be listed in the H (for 'hard') letter or the A letter?