Glad to be here, Hope I'll stay

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by magusxxx, Jul 9, 2009.

1. magusxxx

magusxxx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Several years ago when Unsanity made it convenient to do themes I was interested in creating one. I had the graphic skill but not the programming type mind to get it to work. Now, I see the iPod Touch has renewed my interest in creating a theme. My hopes is to see what everyone has done and get some tips. Hopefully there's an easy to understand guide on the dimensions and layout limitations. If all else fails, I could always post the graphics and hope some kind soul would make it into a theme for me, right?

Please Register or Log in to view images

The worst fear, I believe, all newbies are concerned with is resetting the iPhone to factory settings and starting from scratch. I've noticed several people worrying about this. Hopefully as I read more I'll find that any glitches in doing a reset can be easily corrected.

Finally, about copyright concerns. I notice that some people have used characters, for instance from Futurama. Has there ever been a problem with doing this? I would think since no monetary gain was involved it would be okay. Though I know some companies, ie Disney, WWE, and Marvel Comics, have not been too happy with homages done by their fans.

Okay, enough for now. I'm glad to see so many sharing their time and talents. And hopefully, someday, you will see that I will do the same.
  2. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

You're aware that you were supposed to use a user name and not your email right? And you realise that now everyone has your email?

Anyway, welcome to the forums, good to see other themers coming and I hope to see what you have to offer.

You can check out my latest theme here.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Welcome, enjoy your stay. Our theme's section moderator is Manic_Nimrod.
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

^_^

Welcome to the forums.
  5. magusxxx

magusxxx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, I noticed my user name mistake only after I posted this message. I've already sent an e-mail and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
  6. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I see that your user name dilemma has been sorted out now

Please Register or Log in to view images

Welcome here!