Giving out $30 for solving this problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by diuneilomo, Mar 17, 2008.

1. diuneilomo

diuneilomo New Member

I need great help here, and it's a theme problem!

As Bob released the theme " Vista maximus" For ipoT , everyone started using it, well, so do I, however... there are problems throughout puting the theme to my ipoT.

Therefore, I now ask some of the pros to make a video Or a step by step instruction ( extra clear) to help me to install the theme.

PM me if possible

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sandrodz

sandrodz New Member

I'm not interested in money, but if u give me link or something I'll try to install it on my ipot

and let u know how I did it.
  3. diuneilomo

diuneilomo New Member

4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    its really not that difficult if you follow the authors instructions.
    1. copy the theme into /private/var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Vista Maximus/
    2. copy those dock icons from the "start bar dock mod" folder into var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Vista Maximus/Icons
    3. insert the start.png icon ifrom "start bar dock mod/categories" into /private/var/Applications/Categories.app/icons
    4. in categories on the Ipod choose to make a new category called start and select the start icon as its icon
    5. add some of your apps to the Start category
    5. in customize, make sure your icon order for the dock is start, itunes, installer, music, videos (you can have other things if you want but youll need to make icons for them. and the text file says do NOT remove videos from the dock
    6 place the background.png from start bar dock mod/catgories" into /private/var/root/Library/Categories/Start.app
    7 make another category called Main (or whatever, mines called MyIpod) and select the icon for it. Put whatever you want inside it.
    8. if yuo want subcategories, do the same as 7 as many times as you want but with different names (the author provides a number of icons that you can add to /private/var/Applications/Categories.app/icons.
    9. put all your apps into your subfolders using categories
    10 put your subcategories in to your main category using categories
    11. copy the background.png from MAINICONBAK into /applications/Main (or whatever you called your main category, mines MyIPod)
    12. copy the background.png from SUBICONBAK into /applications/"Subcategory" (whatever you called them and copy i into EACH of them)
    13. in Customize, hide everything excpet your dock icons, your MAIN category icon, Safari, and anything else you want still on the sprinboard (good idea to leave customize visible at least to begin with in case you need to unhide anything.
    14. choose an unlcok screen if you want and put it into your wallpaper folder then choose it as your wallpaper.
    i think thats about it. sounds complicated but its not really

heres what mine looks like. clicking the ipod icon on the desktop opens to show all the subgategories, but i also left some of those visible on the springboard itself jut to make it look more like a desktop

Attached Files:

5. diuneilomo

diuneilomo New Member

I'm on 1.1.3 , does it works too?

Well...I still kept screwing up this theme..video perhaps?

6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sorry, i cant make a vid. where exactly is your problem?

dont see why it wouldnt work on 1.1.3. just try it.

also, i think the author said that eventually this will b on installer and presumable does everythign for you (with the default settings i guess)
  7. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

Copy the theme into /private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Vista Maximus/

1.1.3 has it in Mobile.
  8. Oktane999

Oktane999 New Member

bulbous nub is right you need to substitute the directory "mobile" whenever you see "root" in a path. The paths were changed between the firmwares and is something you should be aware of.
  9. diuneilomo

diuneilomo New Member

oh.. i see so i need to change root to mobile?
  10. Medicc

Medicc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, in 1.1.3 the directory for Summerboard has changed from root to mobile automatically. Just go into /private/var/mobile instead of /private/var/root. You will find Summerboard there. If you're still lost I'll try to make a video, but it is very simple if you follow the instr. correctly