Giving away $15 to anyone that makes it work.Terrible day.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by comatose, Feb 26, 2008.

1. comatose

comatose New Member

Title says it all.

Well, for forever, I have been happy with my ipod touch, but today, I had a problem.

The itouch charges via the outlet, but the computer won't recognize the itouch, not just itunes. It won't charge in the computer, itunes doesn't pop up, it wont turn on when I connect it to the computer, etc, etc.

I reset everything and deleted everything, so now everything on it is gone including songs, videos, jailbroken stuff, etc, and it still does not work. Now, I am stuck with a device with Youtube, Safari, and the Itunes Store...

I have already tried doing all of the things in the stickies, including force recovery, blah blah blah. What can I do to fix this, or at least put my old songs and videos on my ipod.

Thanks,

And remember, whoever gets it working for me, $15. If you make it work quickly, Ill raise it to $20.
  2. moto617

moto617 New Member

try connecting your ipod to a friends computer. The other computer might recognize it. I did this to one of my friend's ipods. Hope it works. If it does, I don't want $15.
  3. whitepod

whitepod New Member

try restarting your computer
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

Does Itunes keep working when you plug it in or does it crash? What os are you on?
  5. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    reinstall iTunes
  6. d00m42

d00m42 Member

happened to me a while back, plug it into a different computer in reg mode, and if that doesnt work try recovery. that fixed it for me!
  7. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dude... keep your money. This site wasn't made to make people give money for help. All i can suggest is that you should restore your ipod touch and reinstall the old itunes(there will be a link in this site... i think...)
  8. comatose

comatose New Member

Well, I have already tried restarting and trying it on 2 other computers ( friends and brothers ).

I run Windows XP, and to the other guy, The computer itself doesn't recognize the ipod touch, so the itouch doesn't start or do anything when connected. It's like its not connected when it really is.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try CTRL + ALT + DELETE and then go to processes and kill anything that says iTunes, Apple, or iPod. Then start up itunes and plug your ipod in again hope I was of help.
  10. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

You're gonna have to force restore at this point.