Given up hope for free jan apps! Please help me jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Yongkykun, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Guys, found this link on how to JB ipod Touch without wifi connection, which is well suited for my condition.

http://technoblathering.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-jailbreak-your-ipod-touch.html

But the link only helps to JB to 1.1.1 and since this is going to be my first time JBing, could you help me confirm that the process is reversible and that I can update to 1.1.4 using this method?

Any help will be appreciated...

Please Register or Log in to view images

PS: GO JB, F*CK APPLE! >> Coz I put my faith on Apple to give me the jan apps for free on the next update (1.1.4), and now that the update is here, I still don't see the apps nor do I find a way to purchase it since I live in Indonesia

2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Anything you do to an iPod touch (other than taking it apart, blowing it up etc.

) is reversible. A restore will put everything back to how it was.
  3. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That's a relief, thanks alot bro Whosthatrandom... but after I JBed my iPod to 1.1.1, how do I JB it to 1.1.4? Thanks again...

4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you have an 8GB or post-MacWorld 16GB?
  5. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have the 8GB one.
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Update to whichever firmware you want in iTunes, probably 1.1.3.
    Download this file and extract it to a folder, then double click run.bat.
    Your iPod will flash on and off, go into restore mode, show a verbose boot, and then restart.
    Installer will be on your SpringBoard now; open it and add fireonfive.com/repo to your sources, then go to Tweaks (1.1.3) and choose January Application Pack.

I only say to add my repo because I have working versions for both 1.1.3 and 1.1.4, plus I don't know any others off hand.

1 person likes this.
  7. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I haven't tried using iPHUC and when bro jfb392 gave me the link to ZiPhone, I just download it, no question asked. Then I noticed that ZiPhone has a UI whereas iPHUC won't even work on my computer, so I just install it and use its jailbreak function and it's done in under 1 minute! Do I really have JB'ed my iTouch (BTW, mine is an 8GB iPod Touch running on firmware 1.1.4)? 'Coz now I have installer and Zibri's Blog on my SpringBoard. I'm going out to an internet hotspot to try and get the Jan App Pack... from fireonfive.com/repo as stated by bro jfb392...

Thanks a million jfb392...
  8. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, it's really that simple, you're jailbroken.
    If you want access to your iPod via iPHUC, install AFC2 fix from Tweaks (1.1.3).
  9. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    YES! I have jailbroken it indeed, I've installed the Jan Apps Pack and it's working perfectly!! Now comes another question

If I plug my iPod to my PC and sync it with iTunes, what will happen?

BTW, I tried downloading summerboard but it says that it only supports 1.1.3. Since mine is running on 1.1.4, what should I do? Do I have to wait for the next update?
  10. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ... anyone?

In the meantime, allow me to give a humble testimonial..
    "I bought my iPod Touch early Dec 07, and I found this forum.. And this forum is where I heard the term "jailbreak" for the very first time. After lengthy consideration, I decided that jailbreaking isn't for me and it's way to risky.. At least at the time.
    Now for some personal reasons, I decided to JB my iPod Touch. To my astonishment, the process took less than a minute, and it's much easier than I originally thought. Now in just under 3 hours I have summerboard, weDict, iPhysics, PocketGuitar, Sketches, Books, snes4iphones, January App pack up and running!
    I love my JB'd iPod Touch, thanks to jfb392 for the support and help..."

So, those of you guys who still haven't jailbroken your iPod Touch.... JB it NOW!!! You won't regret it!