give me everything you know?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Renegade, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok I know what your all saying " wow were have you been? " because I have no clue about WINPWN or pwn yet.

First of all which is for the iPot?

Second, What does it do?

Third, Should I do it? I've jailbroken every firware on my iPod and now on 1.1.4. I'm not a complete noob. I have my moments but I'm not the worst.

Please i've been gone for some time now and not up to date on everything so help me out and explain everything you know about it. Even if its not for me yet or ever please give me all the info you know.

Thanks iPodTouchFans
  2. antispartan

antispartan New Member

ok
    1 search
    2 winpwn is a pwnage program for windows
    3 pwnage allows you to create a custom firmware which allows your to simpley to restore to it with all your apps intact it also does alot of other cool things
    thats about all there is if i were you i wouldnt "pwn" yet because it has a nasty happit of actually bricking your ipod with no way to fix
    1 person likes this.
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No.
    Just no.
  4. antispartan

antispartan New Member

what do you mean just no i say just yes haha
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hey vintagecondom, and welcome back

Please Register or Log in to view images

About 2 weeks ago, The dev team released a program called pwnage, this basicly flashes the bootloader (thing that loads your firmware) so that it will run custom firmware. That version was only for the Mac.

WinPwn has been made by a guy called CMW, think he was the guy who discovered the tiff exploit for the 1.1.1 jb, he has ported the program pwnage onto the windows platform.

You can use the same program for the ipod touch as the iphone, it dosnt matter.

You can download it from here

and i have a guide on youtube explaining how to do it here

hope this helps

thehitman
  6. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

Thanks. I'll look at your guide in a minute or 2. For anyone else wanting to give me info not given yet feel free to explain.
  7. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

Hitman pretty much explained the gist of everything. On top of having your own custom firmware (meaning you can have all of your previous apps preinstalled w/o having to install them/jailbreak the ipod), you can have custom boot logos. Meaning we can finally get rid of that boring silver apple w/ black screen, as well as the 'Connect-to-iTunes' logo. you can have pretty much whatever you want now.

It's definitely a good backup system, because if for some reason you need to restore, you'll have all your apps back in no time..

EDIT: I do have a question though, now that all the apps are considerend IN the firmware, does that open up the FULL 300MB to whatever we want now? Cause I know with the Soft-Updates Jailbreaking method, we lost like 100-200MB worth for that stuff...
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    yeh i guess... depends where the apps are stored and syn-links or sumin