Give me a reason

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by NinjaBurrito, Dec 27, 2008.

1. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

I need a reason from you guys to keep my device jailbroken. I just don't think that the risks outweigh the rewards. I mean sure, theme's are nice, but thats the only thing that you can basically have when you jailbreak.

So please give me reasons to keep it jailbroken.
  2. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Getting street view on the ipod.

thats not really a good reason, but its the only one i could come up with besides themes.
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

You don't sound like a big fan of themes, but themes are amazing. They make your iPod look and feel so much better, and with so many themeing options, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to keep your iPod jailbroken. Also, you mentioned risks... You said they outweighed the themeing. There really aren't any risks, just endless theming possibilities.
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

What risks? :/

As you said..Themes. Apps that you cant get from the AppStore, emulators.
  5. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ooohh..i forgot about emulators that's a good one.
  6. Uniquedot

Uniquedot New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow, these posts are annoying. If you don't think its worth having your device JB, well, then, so be it. To each their damn own!!!
  7. curtisk

curtisk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thats pathetic. Theres literally no risks whatsoever. Oh you have to restore when you take back to apple?

Even when you do restore i believe it keeps traces of jb on it anyway. so if you go to non-jb, the damage has already been done.
  8. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

their are 2 things plaguing my ipod at this moment that just tick me off.

1. Whenever i play my GBA emulator for more than 20 min, the home and power buttons stop working, and i have to hard reboot my itouch

2. When i download games from the appstore, it goes to the springboard, shows a white app logo with a progress bar, and the progress bar for installing it doesn't work. I eventually just wait 5 min. to make sure it DL'ed then respring the springboard.

If you guys know how to fix this i will GLADLY keep it jailbroken. And i LOVE LOVE LOVE themes. I just thought that the theme was causing the secont problem to happen.
  9. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well theres another thing you can enjoy your ipod with that you have to jailbreak! *cough* those apps *cough*

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. ILIVEINSANJOSE

ILIVEINSANJOSE New Member

free stuff.