Give me a good reason to update my Touch to 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by herr_sebbe, Apr 25, 2008.

1. herr_sebbe

herr_sebbe New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I am currently using a 1.1.1 and judging from the comments on various website about how ceratin things don't work on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 I'm confused. Should I or should I not update to 1.1.4? What do you think?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

you should definitely update, most things in installer only work on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 (4 mostly). And it is great! Personally I don't like the dock but its best to keep updated!
  3. thomasw4138

thomasw4138 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    okay,
    Faster CPU speed, so less laggy. also, there are lyrics support. and a simple customzing function - wiggle icons. Besides it allows you to save bookmark onto home Screen.
    I say, 1.1.4 is much better than 1.1.1
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    how does an update improve a hardware aspect of the iPod?
  5. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

just update!
  6. brewer-11

brewer-11 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ive been on 1.1.1 up until about a month ago i updated to 1.1.4 and i love wiggle thing its awesome im liking the new customize and all the apps work fine for me.
  7. Type56

Type56 New Member

the processes running in the background have been optimized. --> very likely
    maybe the cpu-clock changed. (but this would contradict the longer battery lifetime) --> less likely

edit

btw can someone give me a good reason to update from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 ?
  8. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Update...for all the reasons above, but also your sound quality will improve dramatically. I didn't think it could make much of a difference, but it definitely does. Also 1.1.4 JB was the smoothest I have done, no problems when using iLiberty, and no wasted time searching for a bunch of fixes. Everything worked seamlessly right out of the gate. Follow this guide and your golden.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54152

Thanks to Khaos139 for compiling all this info in one guide, now 1.1.4 JB is a cakewalk

You should be asking yourself why not to do it...only reason I could think of is to not lose all your apps and start clean. Depending on what you have you may spend some time getting the look and feel back but otherwise the good outweighs the time spent doing that IMO.