Gimp/Photoshop/WinSCP/Themes/Icons for iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, Apr 14, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Sorry for the second post, but I would like to know if someone can have a more complete tutorial for how to create Themes/Icons etc.. I have looked all over Youtube on how to create Themes/Icons etc.., and many of them are using Gimp? I have downloaded Gimp and have WinSCP as well and I use a Vista, but if someone could write up a tutorial that is has more explaination (for dumbies)? Like to start off with, for those who have done this already or are really knowledgeable on this Theming for Winterboard. Start off with what they use Photshop/Gimp or is there a big difference, and where to go from there. Like create (yes folders named Bundles/IIlumages and My Themes) but explained in a manor that is understandable to get newbies going. I am not trying to say that any of these members are not being helpful, but some of the tutorials are not starting from the beginning for extremely new members on how to do this. So if anyone who is familiar with how to create Themes/Icons etc. , please if you could write one up that is more simplistic for new members trying to create their own. This will help many members, and I and I would assume many members will be greatfull.

Thanks, The Crow
  2. Tucker6o

Tucker6o New Member

I know how to make themes, and I can help you through im, but Im no good at writing tutorials.
  3. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try the app im working on (link in sig)
    it will help you with the setup..

after install, restart the app so it updates.

then click create theme. name it, select your choices.. voila! images etc are copied into the correct folder (on your desktop) then use the app to preview you theme instead of loading it onto the ipod/respringing
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Static, I am talking about creating your own personal Themes/Icons/Docks/Wallpapers?? Using Paintnet/WinSCP/and Gimp, so I think you misunderstood me. Thanks anyway, I thought my post was straight forward but maybe I will edit it.

Cheers, The Crow
  5. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    My personal opinion is Photoshop is the best to create all you're trying to do. Its just that you can receive a PSD file and edit it in PS. But If you have PS here is a short tutorial on creating a wallpaper that you can design. click on the link.

its a simple but cool wallpaper that can be done easily fast.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101587

Attached Files: