Ghetto Protection Heroes

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sonagi, Jan 10, 2009.

1. sonagi

sonagi New Member

Are there any hardcore users out there who tried modding the plastic box the product came in to act as a hard shell case? Did anyone use an old sock as a soft case? Am I alone?

I never liked the idea of spending 1/4 the cash that it cost me to buy my ipod on a decent case, and so for the longest time I fought the urge to splurge on protection (read this sentence with a clean mind).

I was weak though, and I dropped 18 for the inicipo feather yesterday (it's pretty sexy, but kind of weird that no one has wrote about it). But please humor/empathize with me and tell me what precautionary measures you took during the time when you bought the touch and were waiting for your case to arrive. As for me, my ipod touch is safely tucked in the plastic box, wrapped in a sock for now.
  2. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Well i made sure i never placed my touch on anything hard (i.e. the table) and kept it on something soft. I cleaned it after every time I touched it too.
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

yaa like joorowned said.... while waiting for your case to arrive, never keep it on a hard surface if ur scared of it getting scratched... try and keep it on its cloth that came with it (or the cloth u use for it) at all times so that it doesnt get scratched... wipe it down after each use... it will help keep your ipod in tip top shape until ur case arrives.. and keeping it in its box for now is probably a good idea... or dont take it out of the house until the case arrives... i have a speck pixelskin and now i throw around the ipod haha... ok not really but im not as protective
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Lol I didn't remove the plastic from my iPhone 3G that it came in for a week until I got screen protection and a case
  5. touchmymonkey

touchmymonkey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I googled that and nothing came up.
  6. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Incipio Feather not inicipio