Getting your iPod in DFU!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by william_3000, Feb 1, 2009.

1. william_3000

william_3000 New Member

A lot of people having trouble with this, saying they are sure that their iPod is in DFU mode and getting a message like "no iPod found" I just want to clarify som things.

1. Make sure you libusb installed! here is link: http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net/

2. Really, i mean really make sure its in DFU. Like boothelper and some other .bat files it provides a DFU countdown... It says that you have to hold home and sleep button in 10 seconds and only home for about 5 seconds. This countdown does not work for most people, instead of using the coundowns provided count the seconds in your head instead. Hold home and sleep for about 7-8 seconds and home for about 7-8 seconds. If you got it right a message will pop up saying that the computer has found an ipod in dfu mode. If you suceeded: skip the countdowns and go to the next steps...

Hope this helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I like this topic, bump.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    can someone explain to me what to do with libusb?
  4. william_3000

william_3000 New Member

It is indeed a very important subject. I have looked trough a lot of topics and this problem seems to be very common.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Download the files and install them on your computer...
  5. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i know that, but i have seen a bunch of threads on how libisb f***ed up their computer and i don't want that to happen to mine, so all I have to do is install libusb in Windows xp compatibility mode?