getting video from camera on iTunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by vassar89, Feb 12, 2009.

1. vassar89

vassar89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I want to get short videos on to my Touch 2g. I have newly installed iTunes. My camera (sony) takes short videos. When the download they are .mpg files with another file .thm with the same name. Clicking on the .mpg files will get them to play on my computer. Don't know what the .thm files do.

Have tried to drag the .mpg files into iTunes when the movie window is open. There is a red circle with line through it and it doesn't work. I tried both the .mpg and same name .thm file, didn't work either. I have tried it to the TV show window, no luck.

I have Vista home premium, newest iTunes. I have been opening 'my computer' and then my video folder and clicking on icon dragging it into also opened iTunes.

If I have missed some detail needed to help solve this, please let me know. thanks!
  2. vanden9

vanden9 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Itunes nor Ipod Touch supports does not support the video format .mpg, tho not all hope is lost.You can use a video converter to make it into a format ipod and Itunes can use. Just convert the video and then drag it into Itunes.

I just this DVD Catalyst Free

you can download it from here or here
  3. twill32119

twill32119 New Member

connvert it to mpeg-4