Getting touch replaced (S.W.O.D)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NYGiants228, Jul 22, 2008.

1. NYGiants228

NYGiants228 New Member

Need Help Restoring Ipod From Swod

i thought i wud go to the apple store with a jailbroken ipod with SWOD maybe get it replaced it they cant fix it but i decided to try to restore it -- I cannot restore it through iTunes OR recovery mode -- both Unknown errors HELP!
  2. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    If they have to restore it you shouldn't have any issues. If they somehow manage to get it to open or look at the file systems you will have issues. Why don't you just do a restore?
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    if they restore it then everything is wiped. they cannot tell if it was jailbroken.

just restore it yourself. thats the fix for SWoD.
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Like they said before me, just restore it. The SWOD is a software problem so restoring fixes it.
  5. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well the simplest answer I have is to put it into DFU mode, and then restore it to whatever FW you're running-I'm guessing 1.1.4. I had the Spinning Wheel of Doom many times throughout my iPoT's life, and all I had to do was to put it into DFU mode or just restore it through iTunes.
  6. NYGiants228

NYGiants228 New Member

Have an issue.... I tried to restore and Itunes came up with an error The iPod cannot be restored. An unknown error occured (0xE8000001)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    AND I cannot put it into recovery mode...
  7. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

try a different usb port.

also try closing itunes and re-opening.

and restarting your computer.
  8. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is recovery mode the same as DFU mode? I thought these were two different ones. Anyway, if you didn't know, you can put an iTouch into recovery mode by

1. Turning it on, doesn't matter if you've got SWOD or not
    2. Holding the home button and power button together for a while until it switches off
    3. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that you should have your iPod connected to the computer
    4. When your iPot switches off, continue holding those two buttons until the Apple logo appears
    5. When that happens, release the power button but keep on holding the home button.
    6. Hold for...I dunno, 10 sec? Anyway, after holding a while, the logo of iTunes and a USB cable should appear and iTunes should pop up and say it has detected an iPod blah blah blah...

If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer or reinstalling iTunes, hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images