Getting Total Comander to work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by dudemanbra123, Mar 26, 2008.

1. dudemanbra123

dudemanbra123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I decided to try a new theme and got the spinning wheel of death, and I know that if I could set permissions to the theme it would load correctly but I didn't install the Total Commander fix and now I can only access the media folder, which is useless.
    Is there anyway to access the Library folder without ssh. Is there a way I can fix this without a restore seeing as it's a pretty easy fix, I just wasn't smart enough to install the Total Commander fix.
  2. dudemanbra123

dudemanbra123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well Actually after trying to ssh I guess I can do that. I tried reseting permissions and hard rebooting my ipod but that didn't fix the problem. So now I'm wondering what causes the Spinning Ring of Death? I've had it a couple of times, but this is the first time that it didn't go to the springboard on reboot. My last one had a problem where it just showed the edit home screen message then just would keep doing that.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Try replacing the N45AP.plist file found here

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

This usually resolves it...(this should be right, I don't have my Touch with me, so this is from memory

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

I also have a manbra! HIGH FIVE!

Yejtemach.
  5. dudemanbra123

dudemanbra123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol I couldn't figure out why I couldn't sign up here so after going for my desired user name Hawaiian Modder I typed it the first thing to mind, which was this and It just happened to work.

Back to the problem, does anyone know where I can find a stock one of those files, I doubt there's a backup seeing as I had to manually installed SMBPrefs.
  6. dudemanbra123

dudemanbra123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Edit:
    (Before reading your post) I tried seting a bunch of folders permissions to 777 (none of the ones with Stick UI or any of those permissions set) and now the ring doesn't apear and it's just stuck at the apple logo. I wish I would have known doing that did something or else I would have just backed up my folders.
    If I get a chance to ssh again does anyone know how to manually install the Total Commander fix for ZiPhone 2.6