Getting the Touch on Tuesday, first things to do?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by computer_geek_19, Nov 4, 2007.

1. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

Hello, Ill be getting my ipod touch on Tuesday (so happy

Please Register or Log in to view images

) but I have some things I need to know to see if I am missing anything

I have a pc and would like to know what jailbreak method I should use (i plan to use the ipodtouchmaster guides in youtube but I am not sure if to use the 3 part guides or the automatic one) which one has had the least problems? are they the same?

Next I plan to to add the iphone apps and maybe costumize the touch with themes from this forum.

I am also unsure on what to use to convert my .avi files (I want to watch decent to high quality movies and anime on my touch) will HQ drain battery faster? or does it take just more space? How can I convert dvds into the mp4 for the touch?

Lastly am I missing something?
  2. Drayshak

Drayshak New Member

I don't have an iPod Touch yet, so I can't help you a lot.

However, I do know how to get DVD's directly from DVD to mp4

I use a program called Handbrake<-- Thats a link (which you can't see properly with the current forum theme). The legality of the program is in the 'grey' area, but as long as you own the DVD to begin with, I don't see the problem. The application itself it easy enough to use, just select the 'iPhone' preset and you should be fine.

Also, I've never been a big fan of automated processes, I'd suggest going for the three part longer one (then you have more idea of what is actually going on).
  3. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used the automatic one; took me less than 1 minute; highly recommended. However, I did use one of the YouTube guides for installing the iPhone apps as it was a little more complicated. Here's the link.......

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5887

Once "jailbroken", go into "Installer" and download "Community Sources" as this will give you more 3rd party applications to consider.

One of the better apps is "Customize.app", this will allow you to "personalize" your IPOT.

If you have a PC, download WINSCP and this program will allow you to access your IPOT directory where you can really start to fine tune your IPOT

good luck.
  4. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Jailbreak it right away! Apple could post the new filmware update at any moment.
  5. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

thanks all, how can I stop itunes from updating the touch? also about the touch mispelling, it was like 1 am here when I typed this so I was tired.

6. whitepod

whitepod New Member

just when it pops up don't clike the "update" button. however the jailbreak i would use would be the one where no computer is used. i don't know the thread but just type in computer free jailbreak or something like that into the search. you visit one website on the touch..it crashes then your touch is jailbroke!!
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. kyle1361

kyle1361 New Member

9. theprof22

theprof22 New Member

yeah i would prefer the slovix automatic jailbreak over jailbreakme because it is what I used and it was flawless. It also installs openSSH. It takes less than a minute to perform.

Posted from my iPod touch.
  10. FlashiPod4Free

FlashiPod4Free New Member

Add Maps, Mail, and Notes after you jailbreak it!