iPhone 4 Getting the iPhone 4 from AT&T or Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cydia Fan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Cydia Fan

Cydia Fan New Member

Hey everybody, so I'm getting an iPhone 4, but the people at the Apple Store said it could take up to two weeks, while the people at AT&T said that its on average 5 days for them, but I'd have to pay up front. So I ask you, which one should I go for? The Apple one is guaranteed around the 2-3 week mark if not less, and they wouldn't lie. However the lady at AT&T gets a commission, so she could have been lying about the average to get a sale, and also it could mean that 1 person got in one day, and another in 10 days. So which would do?
    Thanks
  2. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Personally I would choose AT&T, because even if she is "bending" the truth a bit (such as by 5 days), it's still less time than from Apple (10 days vs. 14 days min.). Plus, if you have any questions or need any assistance, you can get help right then and there at AT&T when you pick up your device.
  3. Saerian

Saerian Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Friend of mine here at work ordered the iPhone 4 from AT&T over the phone last week, I think Wednesday .. and he got shipping notification yesterday. I'll confirm with him today, but that's a lot faster than what I was expecting from AT&T, given that the waiting time from Apple is 2-3 weeks.
  4. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I would choose Apple. I have been on the list for one for about a week and a half, but I have always had a good experience at the Apple store. It is a longer wait, but the consumer experience is better IMO.
  5. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Can you renew your AT&T contract (i.e. upgrade a line) at the Apple store? Or would I be having to take a trip to the AT&T store for that anyways?
  6. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Pretty sure apple store does it all. Be really dumb to buy it at the Apple store with the knowledge that you have to go to the AY&T to finish the purchase lol.
  7. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That's why I was just making sure.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then in that case, your welcome. =p
  9. Pzimmerer51

Pzimmerer51 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Lol they did it with Australian iPad. Apple sold it then they said go talk to you GSM carrier for a data plan, we dont do anything with that.
  10. Saerian

Saerian Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Can confirm my friend did get his iPhone 4 yesterday. So less than a week turn around time from AT&T.