Getting started?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alcreion, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Alcreion

Alcreion New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, i was wondering what i should use to get started with my ipod touch, i'm a noob at this stuff right now but im sure ill find out ways of doing things.

1) What Jailbreaker should I use?

2) I heard of an app installer built into your ipod but what do i use to get it?

3) Do I have to jailbreak everytime i want to update my firmware?

4) What else should I know about getting my ipod started?

I had no idea where to put this so I just put it in the help section... Sorry if i put it in the wrong section...
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1.) I recommend using iLiberty if you are looking to jailbreak your iPod, but ZiPhone also gets the job done, although it is hated by lots of people. There is also the option of "pwning" your iPod.

2.) Installer.app is added to your iPod automatically after jailbreaking or pwning.

3.) Yes.

4.) Nothing else to really know before you actually jailbreak, it's just a simple process of clicking a few buttons and letting iLiberty or ZiPhone do all the work for you. Just remember, if something happens during the process, not to worry, because there is a 99% chance of it being fixable.
  3. Alcreion

Alcreion New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What about the 1%... Jk, I've seen how to fix it and thanks for the quick reply!