Getting Started With Jiggy

Discussion in 'Jiggy Runtime Development' started by immortal7792, Apr 20, 2008.

1. immortal7792

immortal7792 New Member

Can someone help me get started with jiggy. i read the tut by i forgot his name sry. i made a little app with some text boxes, a keyboard, and a titlebar but thats about it. i would really like to learn how to do this. any help is appreciated
  2. hockeypanda32

hockeypanda32 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can you plz specify what you want to learn more?
  3. immortal7792

immortal7792 New Member

well just the general. i want to know enough to make a useful app. like for HTML you learn how to set the page properties and and tables and so on. i would like a general understanding of it.
  4. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Try downloading someones jiggy app and looking through the code for it. Thats always the best way to learn.
  5. Ragon90

Ragon90 New Member

i just started learning the other day and i think i've done quite well so far, i have an app with a nav bar, with alert boxes and options, and i know its not the greatest thing in the world yet, but i've just started learning javascript, i use C++ more and find it easier...somehow..
  6. PAEz

PAEz New Member

go here to see what jiggy can do....
    http://jiggyapp.com/doc/files/UIKit/UIWindow-jsi.html

go here for some examples.....
    http://jiggyapp.com/download/examples/

go here for more files to look at, read other peoples problems and solutions and if your real lucky maybe even get some help....
    http://groups.google.com/group/jiggyapp-devel

But, THE most important thing you can do is go learn JavaScript or you'll just end up another ripper...learn to code, not just rip...it amazes me the projects i see here that cant even fix the simplest problems because their just ripped the code of someone else, repackage it, but have no real understanding of what their working with....dont get me wrong, i actaully respect those kinda people a bit...atleast they get on their arses and give it a go and do SOMETHING.
    Do a google and find some tuts on it that you feel comfortable with....it doesnt matter if the tuts got a HTML bias, your just trying to learn JS not what you do with it...try and learn things like....
    Statements
    Comments
    Variables
    Operators
    Comparisons
    If...Else
    Switch
    Functions
    For Loop
    While Loop
    Break Loops
    For...In
    ...the basics of JS.

And on a sad note...you do realise theres a dam good chance that with FW 2.0 jiggy will prolly stop working all togerther? So you might be better of learning ObjectiveC and using the official SDK...which for a begginer could be quite overwhelming which is why I think its sad that Jiggy is dying...i hate complicated code (thats why i do pascal not C++), but it looks like im setting up the sdk next week and am going to learn it (once a mate gives me a laptop with the mac os), would much rather use jiggy....grrr