Getting saved "web" images from IPT 3rd gen before jailbreaking...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tsetsefly_stl, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Tsetsefly_stl

Tsetsefly_stl New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have roughly 4,000 misc images I would like to get off my 3rd gen and onto my PBook before I start the process of jailbreaking it. Most (99%) of them are images saved from the web. Is there a free way to do go about this? I did try a process that I found somewhere on the net that involved the Image Capture app on the PBook... Of course that app is damaged or corrupted! I did not use iPhoto to put any of the images on the pod.

So if there is another way please point me in that direction!

Also, how can I repair the Image Capture app on the PBook running Tiger? If someone is willing to help me with that from the area of the forum!?!

Thanks for the help! -Joel
  2. Callapidae

Callapidae New Member

iPhoto will let you download them. I'm fairly sure that the saved photos alb thing works like the iPhones camera roll album, meaning any application desiigned to download photos taken with iPhone will work for you.
  3. Tsetsefly_stl

Tsetsefly_stl New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just to be clear... I DID NOT take the images with the iPod Touch! I saved them from the web using the IPT... will try using iPhoto & check back if it doesn't work. If u know that it won't work & u know what will work please post that!? Thank you very much for your quick response! -Joel
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    To reassure you, iPhoto does work. I use it often for transferring saved images.
  5. Callapidae

Callapidae New Member

I relised that, I'm pretty sure there is no camera on the iPod touch *checks back of iPod* nope, no camera. What I'm saying is that when you save an image from the web to your touch, your iPod treats them the same way an iPhone treats photos taken with the camera. Iphoto will work for sure.
  6. Tsetsefly_stl

Tsetsefly_stl New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Great, thanks! Wasn't doubting ya... Just the way ur 1st post read lead me to think perhaps I didn't make myself clear in the original post! Again, thank you very much! Am quite sure I will have more questions as I get into the process of "breaking" this thing in & is good to know that answers I can't locate on my own can be explained by folks who know their stuff! -Joel