Getting Rid Of Smudges & Fingerprints

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FluxBox, Dec 29, 2007.

1. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Mainly on the front, the screen side. How do I do it? I'm away from home, I'm 14, and I have no way to get an eyeglass cleaner from CVS or the likes. I also forgot my black Touch cleaner. What can I do?

I can wipe the touch on this shirt (which is VERY soft) & it goes away a little, but in a few minutes a bunch of finger trails go across the screen, even without using the touch (it's locked, charging).

Any ideas for a quick solution?
  2. Drako

Drako New Member

breathe hot breathe on it to make it kinda foggy then wipe with ur shirt... lol that should work somewhat.. or get a washcloth and wipe it down really good

Please Register or Log in to view images

(this worked for me the 1st week i had mine without a case

)
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Get a soft, clean cloth or some Kleenex or bathroom tissue, dampen with water (or breathe on the glass) and wipe. You'll probably have to do it several times to get rid of all of the oil streaks, but it works in a pinch. The chrome back, that's another story. At most I'd use a soft, clean chamois to wipe that clean. If you don't have one, very soft bathroom tissue or Kleenex will do the tricks, just don't rub too firmly.

I'm kinda freakish about keeping my stuff looking new; before my invisible shield and case arrived, I handled it with kid gloves. Now that it's nice and protected, I can be a little more "normal" while handling it. If you can, get yourself an invisible shield. They're absolute godsends. Besides total protection against scratching, they're incredibly easy to clean.
  4. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

I found a couple methods that worked.

1. I rubbed the screen onto a foam egg carton thing. It wiped some of the smudges off, and made them less visible.

2. Oddly enough, I licked the screen and just let the water sit there. It eventually faded (the water) and the smudges were gone.

Haha, I hate this. I need to shower so badly, my fingers are all greasy. Blahhh.
    I can't now, seeing as it's 1:34AM.
    But yeah, not it's only a little where the slider is, because I've used it since cleaning it.

Thanks for the tips!
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I would advise against the foam egg carton. They generate a lot of static electricity. Electronics don't like that.

I wouldn't go licking my Touch either, but that's a personal preference.

6. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Good advice on the egg carton.

But the licking, I don't mind it at all. I brush my teeth afterwards =)
  7. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    the stupid cloth that it came with doesn't clean it at all. just moves the smudges around lol
  8. CaliScreamin

CaliScreamin New Member

I just breath on it making it fog or whatever then whipeing it down with the black clothes I got when I bought my iPod. That's suppose to be a screen cleaner cloth.
  9. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

Whats the big deal? it will keep gettin fingerprints on the display for as long as u use it