getting rid of orange"other data"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by jaxter, Dec 1, 2008.

1. jaxter

jaxter New Member

I currently have 2gig of other data im pretty sure its old apps that wouldnt delete through syncing with itunes so were removed by getting the icons to jiggle and hitting the black x. Any way of getting this storage space back as 2 gig of an 8 gig is a rather substantial amount thanks for looking and thanks for any help in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if your ipod is jailbroken, all the apps you installed through cydia go into others. that could explain the huge size.
  3. yamo

yamo Member

I've had that happen twice, once was before appstore. I only solved it by restoring and re jailbreaking. Just hold out till a new firmware is out then re-jailbreak to that. Also it could be music that was synced but then not added to the database file so it stays as other and is untouched. You might try going into the itunes and deleting all your music from your device, then going into the itunes music folder on your ipod and deleting it. Good luck, I've spent hours trying at that, it never works :/
  4. jaxter

jaxter New Member

thanks for the tips yamo ive tried the deleting all music trick and going into one of the directories through ssh and deleting itunes control file nothing seems to work.
    May have to force a restore and set up iphone from scratch :-(
  5. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    LOL 2 gigs of browser cache? That's a no-go ==
  6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its probably your old applications from before the upgrade. Go to the Stash folder, and theres probably duplicates of everything.
  7. jaxter

jaxter New Member

Everyone who made helpful suggestions are a credit to this great community but hxc maniac ur a star totally dleted all the apps in the stash folder, and got the other data down to 486 meg a lot better then 2gig just out of curiousity what reading do othr people get on other data?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks all
  8. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    tengo una pregunta! ("I have a question" in spanish)
    wtf do I do with the orange that is my appstore apps? all the apps went there. im non-jb'd (2g) and when I sync first all apps go to green and the 2nd time the green slowly decreases while the orange simultaneously increases. WTF?!>??!?!?!>?#$@#

OH AND ONCE @ ORANGE, ALWAYS @ ORANGE. I restored multiple times but to no avail.
  9. mako321

mako321 New Member

my sisters ipod touch 1g has 6.5 gigs taken up and its not jailbroken and doesn't really have anythingon it. its funny cause she only has like a gig of space for songs.
  10. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Should probably do a restore on that, somethings not right.