Getting rid of my jailbreak. Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boomyshoe, Jun 22, 2010.

1. boomyshoe

boomyshoe New Member

Okay so here is the situation. I am out of my home country and my only working contact to the outside world is through my iPod touch. All is going well with this method, when all of a sudden, sound stops working on my iPod. Music, when played, instantly switches to pause. I researched this problem and found that the only fix is to upgrade or downgrade firmware. So I've decided now is a good time to just make the jump to 4.0. I'm currently running 3.1.2 and jailbroken with blackrain. I have very limited access to a friends computer, so if I just plug my iPod in and upgrade to 4.0, will it just remove my jailbreak? I am aware a lot of extra data will be left on my iPod but I can fix that when I get home. For now I just need to be able to listen to music on the flight home. Will my plan work or am I SOL?
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  3. boomyshoe

boomyshoe New Member

The point is I don't want want to restore because I can't lose my music because i'm in another country
  4. LastChaosBeast

LastChaosBeast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only way to get rid of a jailbreak is to restore. The only way to restore is by iTunes. Just save all of your music somewhere in that computer and then bring it all back when its done restoring.