Getting Rid of Jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Nevermind42592, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Nevermind42592

Nevermind42592 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, i've enjoyed jailbreaking, but now that there is a new FW update coming and the SDK coming out next month, i've decided i'm going to get rid of all of this. So the only thing i need to do is restore right? I did use the Bosstool to move my apps over, will this effect anything? Its not messed up or anything, just don't want to brick it in some freak accident, because even if its unbrickable, i don't want to go trying diff computers, macs, and all that crap to fix it. I had a great time jailbreaking, but its time to move on.
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes just restore, But why don't you just restore before you update?
  3. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea thats what i'm going to do, i'm waiting till the day before macworld.
  4. benw

benw New Member

*Gentlemen, a moment of silence for our fallen comrade*

An yes, if you really, really wanted to you could "unjailbreak" by restoring.
  5. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

if i were you i would backup the application directory onto a computer, just in case you decide to change your mind (if the new FW is a bunch of crap and all)

EDIT:
    *moment of silence*
  6. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Why are you going to restore? What is so good about 1.1.3 that is better then jailbreak'd? I guess its personal preference and do whatever you want but I guess I am just wondering what is comming up in the next release thats going to be cool / good? (1.1.2 in my eyes was a joke to get all excited about...)
  7. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The advantages are adding bookmarks to your spring board easily (can already be done), moving icons around on the springboard (not just icon order like in customize, you actually move them around on the springboard), for iPhone, GPS using cell tower triangulation.

I personally think you should keep the jailbreak. The SDK won't have a PSX emu or GBA, since they are illegal, no VoIP most likely, no iPhone apps. But do what you wish, it's your ipod.
  8. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ehh idk, I really love all the apps that it has, but idk, I'd rather have more stable applications that i don't have to worry about crashing and making me go through the hassle of restoring. I will probably wait until after the macworld convention and see if the update is promising or if any apps are worth it.
  9. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Wow - I have many apps running, I havent moved the Applictaion folder - only installed the ones I need.

My Ipod Touch hasnt crashed once yet..... 1.1.3 just wont be worth the wait.

The only functionality I would love is cut and paste (mainly for adding RSS feeds etc, its a PITA typing them all in...)
  10. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Really? mine usually is sluggish or it freezes up or programs crash. It just doesn't feel like its good for the iPod to be overclocked like that.