getting rid of ipod.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marko, Mar 7, 2008.

1. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i dont know where this came from but ive got that combined music and video ipod.app on my springboard. i gather from searching here that its got something to do with the N45Ap.plist right? ive only ever modded that to get the camera roll working for ImGrab so i dont know how ive got this app. and even when i go to a backup of my original N45AP its still there

so, id either like to move it to my dock and replace the music and video apps (cos it is quite neat having them combined) OR get rid of it. but i dont see it anywhere in customize and theres no way to hide the original music and vids is there?

any help appreciated
    thanks
  2. hackhot30

hackhot30 New Member

If you install the create ipod app from installer it will replace the music and video icons and should show up in customize to move it to the dock.
  3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thanks for the reply. what is the source for this? cos all i got in installer are options for ipod2 to remove the ipod icon and replace it with music and videos or ipod3 to keep the ipod icon but adds music and videos too.

right now ive got them all, and the remove ipod (ipod2) dont work. its still there on my springboard and i cant remove or hide.

any other ideas?
  4. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

i did the ipod2 and it worked, but now the music icon is permantly set as the original one, and i can't change it. Is their a fix for this? Thanks
  5. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If you want to Hide icons, install "Poof".
  6. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

Thanks but im wondering if i can change the icon.
  7. injuringchimp

injuringchimp New Member

Go to installer, go to all packages and install a program called iPod2. It replaces the ipod icon and puts music and video on your springboard
  8. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

yeh thanks but it won't let me put in a custom icon wich is what im trying to do
  9. autenrider

autenrider New Member

hi
    i had the ipod3 app on my iphone 1.1.4 (i know that this is in ipod touch forum)
    and now i updated it to 2.1 and i have cydia and installer on it but i can't find a way to get rid of this ugly ipod icon ...
    i'd like to have the music and video icons back....does anyone of you know how to do that ??