Getting older Apps working under Dev Official 1.1.3 JB. Need advice

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by myboot, Jan 29, 2008.

1. myboot

myboot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    [Solution] Getting older Apps working under Dev Official 1.1.3 JB. Need advice

READ DOWN THE POSTS A BIT FOR THE SOLUTION

A guy over on modmyifone.com posted the following:

Now I created the symlink as he suggested and it works - all of the apps like gPSphone and snes4iphone etc can find their ROMS at the new location through the symlink.

But it's still not resolving:

Locations - had a weird place it was storing it's PLIST of webcams and images. Anyone happen to remember where?

VNSea - still not saving server preferences, therefore unusable.

Iphysics - though it has a directory under /var/mobile/Media and its levels are there and work, I cannot install new level packs via Installer... I have not tried a manual copy of levels via SSH but I imagine it'd work. (Found solution on this one. Gee, Search is enabled in the forums again.. you can actually find answers. Neato.)

MobileRSS - says it cant access its Database when you try to add a feed. Anyone know where this is storing its goods?

Is this just a matter of symlinking additional directories? Or do I have a permissions probelm somewhere?

None of these work right out of the Installer.app. Not on the official Dev JB 1.1.3 running on an Ipod Touch.

PS: Some other issues - iShare doesnt save your prefs, Backgammon doesnt save your activation, etc.
  2. mmtouch

mmtouch New Member

try to reinstal ?
    Ishare it didn't save mine to but now it works
  3. ohmss680

ohmss680 New Member

Same here
    I cant save in VNsea on Dev 1.1.3
    MobleRss has db problems
  4. Eyeless0

Eyeless0 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I jailbreaked with one of the old ones, ibrickr and stuff (no automatic).
    And I got a error at the end of the jailbreak but everything is working like a charm, VNsea saving and such. Version is right and iPhone apps to. Kinda wierd, I wish i know what happened

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. myboot

myboot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, here's a thread with the solution. In addition to symlinking root's Media directory, you also need to do root's Library directory (duh, that's where most programs store their preferences plists.)

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32283

I still don't have Locations working.

And I still can't get Level Packs to install for iPhysics (despite what this linked thread says.) I've tried uninstalling. I've tried CHMODing. Nothing works.

But VNSea, iShare, MobileRSS etc are all a go now.