Getting Notes off the ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mouse212, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

I have jailbroken my Touch and used the notes app a fair bit and I'd now like to upgrade to 1.1.2 to see what it's like. I don't use the iphone/3rd party apps that much so I don't mind waiting for the next jailbreak.

Obviously iTunes can't sync the notes because it doesn't recognize it as an iphone, so the option just isn't there. Therefore, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the notes files off my iPod Touch and onto my PC, perhaps through WinSCP/SSH.
  2. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you could always click the send to email, and just email the noteds to yourself...
  3. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

I didn't actually know notes could do that. Thanks a lot mate, worked a treat.
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dont know from how long ago im digging this up but rather then make a new post about it i was wondering in anyone new the actual location for the notes. I plan on restoring to 1.1.1 and i wan to keep some notes i made. So if anyone knows were it store the notes themselves so that i can extract it then put em on again it would help a ton.
  5. mls

mls New Member

Look for file notes.db in /var/root/Library/MobileNotes/
    It's sqlite file, so you can even edit it on pc/mac using appropriate software...
  6. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    k thanks a lot. I'm not even looking to edit I just wanna throw stuff back on there after update