Getting New iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by meech03, Dec 12, 2008.

1. meech03

meech03 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone so i'm getting a new iPod touch 2g for christmas and i need a iPod aficianado to tell me everything i will need to know about my new ipod. and pleez no stupid stuff like read the manual they dont tell you everything. thanks
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    First off, it is NOT jailbreakable yet. (As for the 2nd gen.)
    Well that's the most important.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It's got external speakers, it's slightly thinker but to the point where you won't notice, putting it beside a 1st gen it's almost the same, it's more comfortable in your hand. It has a slight yellow tinge to the screen (like mine because it's a late 1st gen) which is easier on your eyes. It may get bluetooth in the future due to the bluetooth chip for iPod+nike and it has support for voip. And there is no jailbreak yet. One more thing, I have held one, it's a hell of a lot lighter.
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

The best features are the internal speaker, the volume rocker switch, and the sleek new design. The interface hasn't changed, but the hardware owns the first generation's hardware. The internal speaker is great for casual listening and has surprisingly good sound quality for an internal speaker.

The volume rocker buttons on the side are very useful. I don't think I haved tapped and slid to change the volume since I used my friends 1st generation. The sleak new design is amazing. It is about the same width as the 1st generation at its thickest point but it has rounded backing and edges making it feel better, look better, and feel sturdier than the first generation.

One last note: there is no jailbreak yet, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying your touch.
  5. chaofan

chaofan Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    We could say that, but the fact is there actually isn't a true manual per se... XD

As previously mentioned, the iPod Touch 2G has its own speaker (handy for times without headphones), a volume button (strangely lacking in the 1G version) and a faster processor. And as mentioned in my [Opinion] piece, music, video and apps are all there, but listening/watching/playing them is so much fun on the Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

. To top it off, if you connect to wifi, you can play around with Safari, the internet browser for the iPod Touch.

Some mention the lack of jailbreak, but don't let that stop you as every technological thing can be hacked... It's just a matter of time.

Worth getting? Yes sir, 100% sir. "Don't get it because it doesn't have a jailbreak?" Have patience.
  6. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Whoa. Lol. I just read four same posts, just paraphrased.

And if you're too impacient to wait for the jailbreak (which might come out any day now) get the 1g if you don't need a speaker or hardware volume controls. And everyone didn't mention the +1 hour of battery life when you are listening to music.