Getting my iPod Touch 2G repaired...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jasonace, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jasonace

jasonace New Member

I want to repair my iPod Touch 2G by myself. I have completely taken out everything on the top and accidentally broke certain things. I will need an entirely new digitizer including the bezel, I also need a new LCD. I need to know how to connect the new bezel and digitizer together the right way, I also need to know how to transfer the home button (only thing I didn't break...) and it's tiny board that makes it work. I also need to know how to replace the LCD and about what size screwdriver I would need.

The parts I have looked at...:

Digitizer includes glass: $21.99 (free shipping)

Bezel: $15.99 (free shipping)

LCD: $41.30 ($10.45 shipping)

If anybody thinks it is better getting it repaired professionally, and know a price that is reasonable and close to the total spent repairing by myself, please tell me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

If anybody has any experience, please share. I heard I had to use glue to connect the bezel and digitizer together, which made me sad there was no other smarter way of connecting the two parts together. I also heard the tiny board for the home button is called the home button plate, and I have to melt it into place on my new digitizer/bezel.

Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. levelchaser

levelchaser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you can try to do this yourself but i DO NOT recommend it
    i found a repair service called "RapidRepair" google it they have very reasonable prices and will fix it for you in a matter of days...I'm getting a brand new Screen, Digitalizer/Bezel, and Chrome back+ they install all for something like $165. Sounds pricey but better than breaking your Ipod
    It's 100% your decision obviously

Good luck with whatever you choose!
  3. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd go with option #2 Buddy. To risky unless your an expert.
  4. Sammy003

Sammy003 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    dont try to repair it urself unless u hv some exp of it