Getting my Invisible Shield soong, some questions

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TheConqueror, May 24, 2008.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Ok guys i recently ordered and invisible shield, and i have some questions before it comes
    PS: i only ordered the front protection

1) is it really that hard to slide your finger after you apply it?

2) im a perfectionist about my ipod, so how can i make sure that NO DUST gets between my shield and the screen

3)how long will it take to come to canada? (ontario)

4) which area of the screen does it cover ? (IE the screen, the black stuff and the chrome on the edges?)

thanks for your help guys
  2. fonelan

fonelan New Member

i bought the front and back case for my ipod touch. i wanted to put the shield on and then put in in the griffin iclear case. I had the invisble shield on my old ipod gen5. but when i put the shield zone on my touch i was not able to have it fit snug in the i clear case. I had a few probloms applying the shield do to all the curves on the touch. overall its a good screen protector but for me protecting and ipod with the case is more important so i took off the shield zone to use the iclear and use the shield griffin supplied...i hope that helps
  3. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Hope I can be of help:

1) The texture is different, but it stills feels smooth and easy. You should experience no problems with how your finger slides along the surface.

2) Go into a clean room, get a paper towel. Make sure there is no hair or visible dust that could get onto your ipod. Clean your hands thoroughly before hand. Make sure there is no dust of any sort on the screen, and put your shield on.

3) I have no idea

4) Well, iPod Touches don't have chrome on the outside, so I guess your referring to your iPhone. I'm assuming it covers the whole iPhone, as it covers all of the iPod Touch. Every part of the front is covered, including the back if you got the back shield as well.
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

no man not crome, but whatever the unknown stuff is that is around the edges. also does it cover the home button? how easy is it to apply? i heard that if you go into a steamy bathroom you reduce the chance of dust getting in between the protector and the screen
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have said it 9 times and I will go for the tenth time.

Get the "Incase" case for your iPod touch. I drop my iPod touch all the time and I don't get a dent. Plus it looks iPhone like

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

It's easy to apply, but I'd watch a few videos on YouTube first just to get the gist of things before you do them. You can do it in a steamy bathroom, I didn't though, and mine turned out fine. It does cover the home button.
  7. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    After you put the thing that goes around the home button on, the home button doesn't seem to go down much, so i peeled the outer ring around it off. All good now.

8. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Exactly what I did. Works 10x better.

To apply it dust/lint free. Do it in a steamy bathroom. It'll minimize it a lot. Good luck.
  9. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

I'm in Canada and I recently bought two Invisible Shields.

They arrived pretty quick (around 6 days or so) and very easy to apply. If you think you put it on and see that you may have got dust in between the screen and the protector just peel it back off slowly so you don't stretch or damage the IS then rinse it under warm water and repeat the process to put it back on.

My problem is the IS for my iPod Touch had a defect in the material so it had a mark in the protector which is very annoying. I contacted IS about this to see if I could get a replacement.

The one I got for my wifes Nano was on a piece of plastic that had Invisible Shield printed all over it. The ink ran through to the protector so you can actually see part of the word on the IS. The wife didn't seem to care since it wasn't that notice able and it was on the bend so I didn't bother telling them about this.

This is my second time ordering through them, the first time was great but this order was very disappointing.

10. jameshez

jameshez New Member

I wish you would`ve seen my review for the BestSkinsEver and the BodyGuardz before you decided to buy the IS.