Getting ipod touch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nickswitz, Nov 16, 2009.

1. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    tomorrow I'm going to be going to Target to get me an iPod touch 3G, so I can surprise my mom by giving her my 2G, she doesn't mins hand-me-downs, and then giving her iPod nano to my sister, and then giving my sister's Sony MP3 player to a very good friend of hers that doesn't have an MP3 player at all. We have everything planned out.

Once I get it I'm going to put an invisible shield on it, and keep it untouched for 24 hours as suggested, to make sure it sticks well. And then I'll give my mom mine once I put all her music on it, (well, mine, she likes everything I do, how amazing is that.)

Does anyone have any ideas of things I should put on my iPod? I have decided that I don't want to jailbreak it just yet, because, well, just because really, at least not yet.
  2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Just put anything you want on your iPod, but you really should try out Eliminate Pro and Rolando, it's the best. BTW, this may be Off-Topic, but you got a cool mom (I wish my mom liked everything I liked).
  3. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Haha, yes, considering we've gone to 3 rock concerts in the last 4 months, all nosebleed seats, but she would have paid over 100 for the good seats, they just weren't available.

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out once I get it.
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That's cool. I may get $600 dollars for passing school without summer school each year, but parents liking stuff that you like is way to cool. =P

I'm glad I was a help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Appreciate these days. The cool thing about having multiple iPods is that you only need to pay for apps once even though you install them on several iPods (3s the limit, me thinks). Anyway, my point being that there are nice apps that are Bluetooth friendly, allowing you to play games with other members of the household.

Tip: before buying apps, download the free version if you can, read the reviews of the app, and if they're available, check out the apps reviewed on YouTube.

**The non-game apps I love most are Dictionary.com unabridged dictionary (does not need wifi unless you want to hear word pronunciation).

**Awesome Note...I'm using it now, actually, to type this post.

**A Check List (which is...um...a check list app)

**AppBoxPro. This app was .99 when I bought it, but it has a lot of handy tools: flashlight, translator, tip calculator, sale price calculator, and even a random number selector.Some tools are obviously unnecessary, but it's worth the money, IMHO.

Favorite game apps are Need for Speed, Cribbage Premium (bestcribbageapp), Yard Sale, Unblock Me, Triazzle, Luxor, Word search, Tetris, Word Johng, Cutter...Wow! Didn't realize I had so many games!

oh...and...

RAT ON THE RUN IS FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME

Cute Mario Bros style game.

Hope this helps!
  6. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cool, thanks for the input.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also, what is backed up when I back it up, are my notes backed up so that I can just restore them from a back-up with my new one?
  7. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ya everything that isn't jailbroken is backed up.
  8. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, good, i just wasn't sure about that as I've never need to restore my ipod...
    Haha, lucky me
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have it and am currently using it to post this, and oh my goodness, the voice recognition is cool for me since I walk everywhere and it's easier to speak then go and find the song through the menus, plus the speed, is way faster than anything else I've used, I love it, I can go through apps like nothing, and the Internet even loads 2-3 times faster, it's amazing!

I haven't yet gotten any of the suggested apps, but I'm about to head over to the app store to get a couple new games