Getting iPod out of "Connect to iTunes" mode.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by aablmd82, May 23, 2009.

1. aablmd82

aablmd82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A few days ago I was playing a newly installed app on my iPod, when it froze. I restarted my iPod, and it went into "Connect to iTunes" mode. It wasn't the same mode as it usually was though. Before when my iPod would go into this mode, I couldn't do anything. But now it still shows my battery life, the time, wifi status, and when I plug it in to charge, it plays the ring from the theme I have it on. Anywho, when I plug it into iTunes, it tells me that it has a password and is locked, acting like my iPod isn't even in recovery mode. I can still put it into regular recovery mode, but I wouldn't be able to get my music back so that's out of the question. Since iTunes doesn't detect it in recovery mode, I can tell it's the jailbreaks fault, which means I should be able to fix it.

How do I fix this? I've renamed the watchdog folder, renamed the app folder, deleting the com.apple.springboard.plist, and so far nothing. Is there something else I should try doing? Or maybe re-try some of the things I've already tried?

EDIT: Okay, ihni (I have no idea. I'm trying to start a new thing here, pass it on

Please Register or Log in to view images

) what happened, but I was just looking through the forums for other topics that might have something to do with my problem. My iPod restarted by itself for some reason, and rebooted like normal

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. juvenilepunk

juvenilepunk Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had this problem several times, and each time I had to restore my ipod completely. I don't think there is a fix for this so restoring would be the only possible choice.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)